Analytic Consultant 3 - Wells Fargo Advisors, Innovation & Strategy Group
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo US
- 13 Dec 17 2017-12-13
Analytic Consultant 3 - Wells Fargo Advisors, Innovation & Strategy Group
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories .
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA): Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation's third-largest Brokerage business with over 15,000 Financial Advisors and 3,800 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
The Innovation and Strategy (I&S) Group: I&S is responsible for supporting the full lifecycle of the business. The lifecycle starts by analyzing WFA's clients' wants and needs and testing innovative business concepts, which helps to define WFA's future strategy and the roadmap to get us there. Next is the critical function of planning and project management that allows us to successfully deliver and implement our roadmap, which is coupled with effective change management necessary to ensure adoption and measure the impact of change. The primary groups within I&S include: Strategy and Innovation, Financial Advisor Platform, Digital Client Platform, Accounts, Fees & Pricing, Delivery & Execution, First Clearing, and Shared Services.
The Shared Services Group within I&S provides support throughout the business lifecycle. This group is responsible for administration, data/reporting/analytics, user-centered design, platform communications, direct-to-client communications, and creative services.
The Reporting and Analytics team is seeking to hire an Analytics Consultant 3 who will be responsible for the design, analysis, build, maintenance, documentation and deployment of very complex reporting and analytics solutions in support of I&S and WFA business partners.
This role requires strong understanding of relational databases, data management, analytical abilities, creative thinking, business acumen and the ability to work with cross functional teams. A successful candidate must have proven ability to effectively liaison across and within business functions, as well as between business and technology groups.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and develop operational, management and executive reports utilizing tools such as SQL, SSMS, Toad, Sharepoint, Tableau, SSIS and Microsoft Office programs.
- Consult with WFA I&S business leaders and partners to define very complex reporting and analytics requirements
- Compile data from multiple large scale data warehouses on the following platforms: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Teradata
- Create BRDs, data mapping documents, report mock-ups, run procedures, test scripts
- Identify and recommend analytical tools, methods and data sources
- Analyze data and recommend solutions to measure performance trends, to increase efficiency and quality, and to ensure compliance
- Successfully manage numerous open, active requests simultaneously
- Respond to ad-hoc analysis and report requests
- Own multiple production reports; be responsible for all aspects of these reports including deployment, generation, maintenance, documentation, and performance
- Partner with other technology and analytics groups
- Work with managers and team members to resolve data and reporting discrepancies or issues
- Establish relationships with WFA team members of all levels
- Adhere to data management policies, procedures and guidelines
- Interpret results and recommend solutions to increase revenue, reduce expense, enhance the client experience, maximize operational efficiency/quality, etc.
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Financial services industry experience
- Tableau experience
- Ability to research, analyze, document, and present organizational metrics that drive business decisions
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Ability to think creatively to find innovative solutions to complex analytical questions
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- Exposure to Wells Fargo BDW (Brokerage Data Warehouse) system
- Knowledge and understanding of DB2
- Knowledge and understanding of MS SQL server
- Solid critical thinking skills
- 1+ year of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced relational database design and SQL syntax knowledge
- Ability to research, trend/analyze, compile and perform analysis on critical data
- Ability to quickly learn, retain, and apply business rules, processes, and terminology
- Ability to gather and document requirements for reporting and analytics initiatives
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.