Apps Systems Engineer 5
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo US
- 10 Dec 17 2017-12-10
Apps Systems Engineer 5
Let's talk about building a rewarding career
You've got the passion. You've got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you'll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
Enterprise Information Security
Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle.
Enterprise Information Security's (EIS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, EIS protects Wells Fargo's infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. EIS is part of Wells Fargo's Corporate Risk organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.
Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs:
- Create, edit and support JCL scripts in support of production processing
- Maintain Endevor installation
- Analyze requests from internal teams to develop custom COBOL, SAS or Rexx, reports, new batch processes, new DB2 SQL's queries, and other initiatives
Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides; maintains existing library of artifacts.
Leads projects, manages resources and may act as team lead on projects to support less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation, updates, and testing of the business continuation plan.
Supports the security models at the organization, including appropriate documentation, acting as a SME for the area of expertise, as may be required to support internal security initiatives.
- May include DB2, Endeavor and JCL
This position is estimated to be maintenance and production support 50% , and original development 50%.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of mainframe experience
- 2+ years of DB2 experience
- 2+ years of JCL (Job Control Language) experience
- 2+ years of Cobol experience
- 2+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Endeavor experience
- Financial industry experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- Flexibility to frequently be on call beyond normal working hours
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.