Asset Manager - Analyst
- Charlotte, NC, USA Charlotte NC US
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Sep 18 2018-09-07
Man Global Private Markets is looking for an Analyst-Asset Manager as part of our Asset Management team in Charlotte, N.C. This is an Analyst position.
We are looking for a candidate to join our team working on our residential real estate portfolio. This candidate will support Asset Management. Possessing excellent communication and administrative skills the Asset Manager will be responsible for a significant portion of the day to day functions of managing the rental portfolio and monitoring portfolio performance.
About Man Group
Man is a leading alternative investment management business with a diverse offering in hedge funds and long only products across equity, credit, managed futures, convertibles, emerging markets, global macro and multi-manager solutions. At September 30, 2016, Man managed $80.7 billion. The original business was founded in 1783. Today, Man is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 250 Index with a market capitalization of around £2 billion. Man also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world, including sponsoring the Man Booker literary prizes. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
Man US provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Man US provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Man US expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Man GPM Aalto
Man GPM Aalto ('Aalto') forms the real assets business of Man Global Private Markets ('Man GPM'), Man Group's private markets investment engine. The firm was founded in 2010 and acquired by Man Group in 2017.
Aalto is a real asset investment manager offering differentiated debt and equity strategies in commercial and residential real estate.
The firm focuses on value-add strategies and targets alpha by direct origination, deep fundamental analysis and a hands-on operational approach to managing real asset investments.
Aalto's teams are based in London, Charlotte (North Carolina) and Pf ffikon. As at 30 September 2016, Aalto's funds under management were $1.7 billion. Further information can be found at www.man.com/gpm-aalto.
The duties of the position will include, among others:
- Assisting in the direction and administration of all operations and processes of a large residential real estate portfolio across the US
- Communicating professionally with our property managers by phone and email and implementing and monitoring processes with them on a day to day basis
- Managing and reporting incidents as they arise at properties by communicating with internal team and 3rd parties, ensuring quick resolution and accurate documentation
- Maintaining accurate property records. Updating on a daily basis.
- Entering, analyzing and reconciling data to detect discrepancies and improve portfolio performance.
- Taking a proactive and innovative approach to enhancing processes
- Administrative duties to include data entry, mailing, requesting documents from our property managers, researching tax information and HOA recordsThe ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Undergraduate/Graduate Degree with a preferred major in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or other relevant coursework.
- Familiar with residential real estate, property management experience is preferred
- Experience with property management software (Propertyware, Yardi, MRI, Appfolio, etc.) is preferred
- Extremely accurate with a high attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and proactively follow up on outstanding items
- Strong communication skills
- Strong excel skills and mathematical skills
- Highly reliable, possessing integrity and willing to work long hours when necessary
- Efficient in time management, well-organized and competent in ITJob Type: Full-time