Associate Software Engineer
Job Description An Associate Software Engineer works under the guidance of a Senior Software Engineer in coding, enhancing and testing of software applications to meet business process requirements.
- Contribute to ongoing feature development of web applications based on service-oriented architecture, involving UI, Services and databases
- Research, analyze, design, and deliver solutions that are appropriate for business and application development strategies.
- Work with cross functional, globally dispersed development teams to support development efforts to meet business requirements.
- Partners with Senior Software Engineer to assist in developing new projects and enhancements based on evolving business needs.
- Interact with internal users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of software.
- 4 year Computer Science degree
- Understanding of Object-Oriented design and development
- 1+ years Java development experience utilizing web-based applications such as J2EE, JDK, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, and HTML
- Ability to contribute to a high-performing, motivated workgroup by applying interpersonal and collaboration skills to achieve project goals and realize value
- Ability to contribute to the creation of an environment that facilitates high performance and motivates individuals to work collaboratively as a team
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.