Retail CRM Developer Chapter Lead Charlotte, NC/en-US/vanguard_external/job/Charlotte-NC/Retail-CRM-Developer-Chapter-Lead_128574/apply
The Development Chapter Lead (DCL) role was created as a new player-coach position to write code as a member of a team and also lead other developers in the same product family. This allows for senior developers to gain leadership and technical experience in the same position. This unique role provides the opportunity to:
- Create a chapter culture that empowers crew to be strong contributors on autonomous agile teams
- Develop crew to build technical expertise through focused and relevant coaching
- Establish and implement a chapter vision, strategy and goals/OKRs
- Manages staff. Develops, mentors and provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary. Conducts regular one on one and staff meetings. Hires, evaluates and counsels crew. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Works with Product leaders and resource/department manager to ensure adequate development resources are in place.
- Provides advanced level IT technical lead services and direction for critical software, middleware, and/or hardware projects or products (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on multiple platforms. Completes development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Monitors completion of each person's deliverables. Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Ensures consistency of the knowledge and skills, sharing best practices and common challenges in their area and others. Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff as new standards are instituted, ensures their usage by team members.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Provides realistic task and cost estimates.
- Communicates with other technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas.
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
In this role you will:
Develop and manage organizational expertise in their area of knowledge
- Define professional standards / work methodology within the Chapter competence
- Serves as a guide in the area where they/she is the person with highest level of knowledge
- Drives consistency of the knowledge and skills of the Chapter, sharing best practices and common challenges in their/her cell and others
Manage and develop capabilities within their Chapter through coaching, training, and mentoring
- Define and evolve capability building roadmap for Chapter members at both the individual and aggregate levels
- Develop Chapter members over time to create "T-shaped" profiles while steering development to match organizational demand of capability and skill
- Manages progression planning for Chapter members and coordinates with them on their long-term professional development
Manages structure and people of the Chapter, evaluating needs of the different teams and organizing support
- Performance manage and evaluate Chapter members
- Resolve organizational issues of keeping the Chapter members at work, including planning and accounting for absences
- Supports HR in seeking and obtaining talent
A player-coach, spends ~50% of their time practicing the discipline as an individual contributor on a team
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Three years experience in technical specialty. For development technical leads, includes three years' developer experience.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, were changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesnt just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose and thats how weve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Lets make it count.
Vanguards continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: Do the right thing.
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguards core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Posted YesterdayFull time128574
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies, serves individual investors, institutions, employer-sponsored retirement plans, and financial professionals. We have a diverse and talented crew with a culture that promotes teamwork, along with an unwavering focus on serving our clients' best interests.
This website uses "cookies" to distinguish you from other users. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers placed on your computer or device. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site and services. The cookies are stored locally on your computer or mobile device. To accept cookies you can continue browsing as normal. Or you can go to our to read more information and learn how to change your preferences.