Desktop Services Project Manager
Job Description Specific responsibilities for this position include:
Scope and Impact
- Manage the successful delivery of projects of moderate complexity and risk to provide business and IT solutions.
- Direct project teams consisting of employees, on-site consultants and offshore resources, and ensure the team completes its deliverables with a high level of quality and on-time.
- Ensure effective delivery by managing project meetings, estimation, requirements, scheduling/planning efforts, risks, and project finances within the MCO CIT framework. Review and clarify project requirements, provide estimates and task breakdowns, and participate in the creation and delivery of accurate and achievable project plans and budgets.
- Manage stakeholder expectations through effective relationship building to foster collaboration and develop credibility.
- Provide well-crafted stakeholder and governance communications on time with accuracy and completeness.
- Solid and demonstrated understanding of the Project Lifecycle and its inherent responsibilities such as estimation, funding, development, QA, budget responsibilities, risk mitigation and project metrics. Proven ability and reputation to lead a project team from concept to completion within agreed schedule and budget.
- Knowledge and practical experience with project estimation methodologies.
- Basic understanding of project financials.
- Ability to understand the importance of following CIT Governance processes; capturing and maintaining updated metrics for reporting within a project, resource and development tools. Ability to create, analyze and present comprehensive commentary on project metrics.
- Ability to facilitate and negotiate interpersonal, inter-team conflict sessions, and vendor management.
Decision Making Authority
- Keeps management well informed of activities and raises concerns as appropriate
- Uses judgment to assess when to bring issues and suggestions for improvement to management's attention
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Role exposed to heavy customer interaction. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- BS or BA degree, preferably in technology/business or equivalent.
- PMP certification preferred or acceptance from PMI to attain PMP certificate within 180 days of hire or transfer.
- 5 years project and software development or infrastructure solution delivery lifecycle experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- Bachelor's required.
- 5 years' experience working on Server, Desktop and\\or Help Desk support
MCSE is highly desirable
Knowledge of ITIL®.
The key competencies for this position include:
- A good understanding of Moody's business and overall IT operations.
- The ability or the potential to take on higher level responsibilities.
- Demonstrated group leadership and the willingness to take on leadership roles.
- Must be perceived as a team player and a positive contributor by his peers.
- Demonstrated willingness to go beyond the normal job requirements.
- Demonstrated interest and engagement in infrastructure projects and QA testing
- Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders and end users to facilitate feedback and partnering on deliverables
- Ability to execute support and engagement from junior staff to senior management with a focus on delivery and service improvement.
- The ability to complete all tasks and projects in a timely manner
- The ability to complete assigned calls effectively and efficiently within the established SLA time period
- Demonstrated responsibility and ownership of his/her business units
- The ability to conduct themselves in a mature and professional manner towards clients and co-workers (accountability, use of good judgment, provide proper follow-up)
- Good organizational skills and excellent demonstrated troubleshooting and crisis management abilities.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with business users at all levels in the organization.
- Known as a motivated team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Service Now
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.