Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Director CSO SE Team Leader Location US-NC-Charlotte
Job ID 32810
# Positions 1
Job Family Originations - Relationship/Account Mngnt
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at .
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of the Southeast Region, the Director of Client Services primary purpose is to assist with driving CIT profitability through revenue generation, client Retention, client service and New Business development. The role requires leading and managing a team of Client Service Officers (CSO’s).
- Manage a team of Client Service Officers who service relationships which generate $4 billion in annual factored sales
- Work closely with Commercial Services Senior management and as a member of Commercial Services’ Southeastern Regional Management team to recommend procedures, strategies and keep management informed of developments (including industry, client, customer and competitors) and events that could have an impact to CIT Commercial Services
- Develop and implement Southeast Region Client Service Department goals and objectives with an emphasis on CIT profitability, client retention, client service and new business development
- Monitor client profitability to CIT in regard to service levels and trends and customer credit losses and trends
- Lead or participate in meetings with the CSO’s and joint meetings with other departments, including but not limited to the Customer Credit Department, Account Executive Department, New Business Department and Operations Department
- Work closely with the Customer Credit Department on monitoring large marginal customer accounts, industry or geographical trends or events which could or do impact the client portfolios or New Business prospects
- Collaborate with the Customer Credit Department team and make them aware of any client portfolio or prospective client events that could have an effect upon the Customer Credit Department customer portfolio, policies or procedures
- Partner closely with the Account Executive team and work together to manage client expectations
- Monitor CSO new business leads and signings, client terminations and possible terminations, client service levels and CSO generated customer credit losses
- Work closely with the New Business Team and establish, manage and review procedures for prospective client portfolios.
- Work closely with the regional client credit manager to manage loan exposure on CSO managed borrowing accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or related field required. MBA desired or acceptable comparable business experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Factoring or related acceptable experience
- Minimum 5 years’ Customer Credit checking experience or related acceptable experience
- Experience in leading and motivating a team
- Proven success in retaining clients and generating new business or related acceptable business experience
- Experienced in consumer product industries, preferably Apparel, Textiles, Furniture, Housewares, Consumer Electronics, Toys or Sporting Goods
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age), sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver,military service protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: