Global Loan Portfolio Management Summer Analyst Program
What you'll do
Our Global Markets business offers sales and trading services, including research, to institutional clients across fixed-income, credit, currency, and commodity and equity businesses. Global Markets' product coverage includes securities and derivative products in both the primary and secondary markets.
Our program includes formal training and assignments within the Global Loan Portfolio Management (GLPM) group, part of GBAM's FICC Trading business. It is a public-side trading desk tasked with managing the hedgeable portion of the Global Corporate & Investment Bank and Global Commercial Bank loan portfolios. Comprised of over 15 professionals in Charlotte and New York and organized along industry verticals, GLPM manages a nearly $120 billion loan portfolio through a combination of fundamental credit analysis and the determination of appropriate hedging strategies using credit derivatives and bonds.
This role would work with GLPM's senior portfolio managers and traders in Charlotte to help manage corporate loan exposure in one or more assigned industry verticals. This role would also work with GLPM's business partners in Global Loan Products, Global Risk, FICC Finance, and Global Research as well as with external trading desks and research teams.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Prepare financial models using public information sources such as SEC filings, press releases, earnings conference calls, and investor presentations
- Perform financial and industry analysis and macroeconomic research to enhance the team's credit view and investment thesis of each portfolio company
- Perform relative value analysis for traded debt instruments (loans, bonds, CDS) across each portfolio company's capital structure
- Understand fundamental and technical drivers behind CDS and bond pricing, and correlate macroeconomic events and trends with market movements
- Provide real-time market liquidity views and pricing information for loan refinancings within the portfolio & new loans originated into the portfolio
- Prepare credit reviews for assigned portfolio companies and/or industries and present views for discussion with the broader team