Head, Organizational Skills,Risk
Head of Organizational Risk- US Charlotte, NC, United States/en-US/Barings/job/Charlotte--NC-United-States/Head-of-Organizational-Risk--US_JR_002233/apply
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
Title: Head of Organizational Risk- US
Business Unit: Organizational Risk
Location: Charlotte, NC
Barings is a $346+ billion* global financial services firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients and customers. Through active asset management and direct origination, we provide innovative solutions and access to differentiated opportunities across public and private capital markets. A subsidiary of MassMutual, Barings maintains a strong global presence with business and investment professionals located across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
*As of June 30, 2020
Uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to partner with the Global Head of Organizational Risk Management and CRO to set the strategic direction of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Operational Risk Management (ORM) disciplines. Under limited direction, translates business strategy into comprehensive risk assessment programs and manages the work of other staff in promoting Barings risk management framework, including working with the first line of defense in execution of risk management activities, conducting deep dive analysis and developing risk profiles over a comprehensive inventory of enterprise business objectives and functional areas. Provides leadership and facilitation of complex risk management assignments, development of key risk indicators and risk management analysis and reporting to Barings main governing bodies. Collaborates with the Risk Management team, First Line of Defense business unit leaders, Control Function heads and Senior Management in developing options and making decisions based on probabilistic outcomes from risk reporting and analysis. Effectively communicates with executive management on a regular basis and leads others in identifying, analyzing, measuring, monitoring and reporting risks to business objectives across the enterprise.
- Works with the Global Head of Organizational Risk and CRO in setting the strategic direction for Enterprise Risk Management.
- Responsible for promoting Barings risk management framework to senior management, including senior stakeholders from the first line of defense and Control Function heads.
- Supports the CRO and Global Head of Organizational Risk in implementing and further embedding Barings Organizational Risk framework tools and policies.
- Provides insightful and high quality risk analysis to support and inform Barings governance committees and Boards.
- Drives the execution of monthly and quarterly risk reporting packages to management and committees.
- Serves as a key contributor to the requirements and implementation of the firms Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) strategy.
- Leads the US-based team and is responsible for managing each team members workload and priorities, and other team leader duties such as coaching, and performance evaluation. Builds and maintains strong working relationships with senior stakeholders, including executive management and other Control Function heads.
- Supports the incident management process to ensure consistent application across all US business lines.
- Communicates in a clear unequivocal manner to influence a wide range of internal audiences and key internal functional and executive management constituencies.
- Holds entire team accountable for meeting goals and objectives and ensures consistency of standards, appropriate level of rigor, and timeliness of risk management activities from all team members.
- Become seen as a trusted business advisor by participating in complex business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Actively involved in industry thought leadership in order to apply insights that further develop and enhance Barings risk management framework.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- In-depth understanding of risk management practices and methodologies within a financial services environment.
- Specific subject matter expertise in Enterprise Risk Management discipline, and a strong understanding of the asset management business including regulations.
- Professional knowledge of finance & financial analysis, financial markets and products.
- Knowledge of Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) as an integrated approach used across these disciplines and the use of technology to support this integration.
- Implementing advanced risk management theories and concepts.
- Critical thinking, abstract reasoning, problem solving, and creativity. Strong analytical skills with regard to assessing risks to the business.
- Interpreting and analyzing technical information with proven ability to produce comprehensive risk reports.
- Gather information, identify correlations, trends, functional relationships and causality and apply conclusions to creating risk management information.
- Demonstrated success in interacting with senior stakeholders with capability to present complex and sensitive information in a succinct and accessible manner.
- Applying intellectual rigor to be an effective influencer, and to provide advice across departmental boundaries.
- Experience in managing and delivering results against deadlines with a positive can-do/make-it-happen attitude.
- Effective under pressure and decisive whilst working at pace. Willing to take personal accountability.
- Strong team ethic, but able to work well individually on standalone projects with minimal supervision.
- Effective in coaching and mentoring others.
- Skilled in optimally deploying resources against conflicting priority demands.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into risk management engagements and recommendations.
- Ability to appreciate the big-picture, whilst retaining a strong attention to detail.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Managing direct reports.
- Educated to Degree level and a minimum of seven years of experience in Risk Management and /or related fields (Internal Audit, Compliance, etc.).
- Experience with direct supervision of analysts or technical professionals
- Professional qualifications preferred, but not essential, include CPA / Chartered Accountant, CFA, CFE, CIA, FINRA and other licensures
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Posted 4 Days AgoFull timeJR_002233
Barings is a leading global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative, institutional-quality solutions and service.
Our team-driven culture is based on transparency, responsibility and putting our clients interests first. We listen to our clients to understand their needs, so that we can be a strategic advisor and long-term partner in meeting their unique investment goals. Risk management and protecting our investors capital over the long term is an essential component of our lasting partnerships.
Barings is also committed to building long-term relationships with our associates and providing opportunities and support to help them succeed. With our expanding business and global footprint, Barings offers a wealth of opportunities for associates who share our culture, values and commitment to excellence in client service.
As an organization, we believe that a diversity of perspectives and strengths is essential to meeting the evolving needs of our clients, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a talented workforce as diverse as the clients and communities that contribute to our success.