Infrastructure Architect with Cloud Expertise
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Contract, Full time
- Synechron Inc.
- 12 Jan 18 2018-01-12
Synechron Inc., on behalf of its large financial client, is seeking an experienced Infrastructure-Cloud Architect to join us for a multi-year consulting engagement in Charlotte, NC.
The Infrastructure Architect will be directly responsible of the client’s high profile, premium budget project. The Architect, as the acting SME, will serve as the pivotal principal advisor to assist in the continued efforts to migrate the client’s enterprise applications onto a complex hybrid cloud environment. Additionally, the Architect will lead the engagement efforts which include consulting with technology heads and architectural team define solutions and advise on design, development and deployment, serving as the key advisor to infrastructure deliverables and design objectives. A successful Infrastructure Architect will have the opportunity to combine his/her technical ability, strategic thinking, subject matter expertise, and a capacity for dynamic performance innovation to provide detail-oriented execution in a fast-paced, dynamic environment for a global, multi-billion investment banking corporation.
The Infrastructure Architect will:
• Oversee the Risk and Remediation phase of the existing Enterprise and will also be intricately involved with various architectural stages and design; providing scalable infrastructure solutions
• Lead major initiatives such as data center/Infrastructure migration and consolidation
• Lead initiatives in moving towards a converged Infrastructure and implement, DevOps, Strong AWS, Azure
• Draft infrastructure strategy and innovation to deliver new services and technology improvement in an effort determine design direction and provide hardware recommendations
• Build enterprise server and storage architecture roadmaps to efficiently plan and develop support processes for continued project success and functionality
• Promote quality control to ensure that processes and technology remain updated
• Manage Infrastructure Design (Hybrid, Private, Public) and guarantee all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
• Experience with design, planning and implementation for virtualized infrastructures environment.
• Knowledge of AWS, Azure and/or VMWare environment as an Architect
• Automating IT service management, Infrastructure
• Demonstrate strong customer service awareness and orientation
• Ability to communicate effectively with levels of Senior Management
• BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline, MS degree preferred
• 10+ years of overall IT experience
• Minimum of 10 years designing complex, integrated application solutions
• Minimum of 2-5 years implementing complex solutions in a highly virtualized environment