Insurance Specialist, Solutions
+ Hiring difference makers.
☰ Insurance and Annuity Specialist - Life Solutions Group (Product) New 💼 TIAA 📅 2 days ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job COMPANY OVERVIEW:
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
The Annuity and Insurance Specialist will work as part of a small cross functional team that will be the face of TIAA Life to Participants, and Individual Advisory Services (TIAAs advisors). They will serve as the point of contact for a variety of tasks. This position will be responsible for implementation of regulatory and legislative requirements that are applicable to the sale of insurance productions, i.e., new best interest regulatory requirement.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
QUALIFICATIONS: Required Skills:
- Case design and illustration proficiency. The candidate will provide very technical product and illustration support to multiple clients. Must be able to be able to understand the complexity of various products and provide recommendations for the appropriate product(s) from a multi-carrier platform as part of the clients overall financial plan.
- Participation in team calls to discuss concepts, learn proper messaging, develop sales strategies, present territory management plans, and review client / pipeline activity, etc. Will be accountable for creating and maintaining pipeline, logging activities and leads into CRM in partnership with the team Director.
- Providing sales support via handling incoming calls and questions from the advisory teams in the field or clients. This requires an expert level of knowledge of the products, process, positioning and problem resolution.
- Present complex planning solutions to the client in a manner consistent with a the companys consultative planning model
- Supporting distribution channel initiatives and find ways to add value to their process
- Driving product awareness and adoption in the field.
- Participate in and document results from marketing activities, i.e., call campaigns
- Develop and present compliance approved content as part of webcasts on various topics (from product to illustrations to concepts to processes)
- Must be comfortable with the application process and systems necessary to submit applications in good order.
- Case management skills essential to moving cases through the underwriting process. This will include communication with carriers underwriters/new business to track and advocate on behalf of clients
- Most importantly, must be able to adapt in a changing environment. Procedures and activities will continue to change as we refine this new team. A team player, willing to wear multiple hats, collaborate and share successes and challenges will be most successful.
- Knowledge of Advanced Marketing concepts preferred (162 Bonus, LIRP, Split Dollar, etc.)
- A successful candidate will need to have experience as a wholesaler to advisors in the field as well as point of sale experience with clients.
- 3 to 5 years experience working in some sort of life insurance sales capacity involving illustrations and advanced marketing concepts
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required.
- Must have Series 6 or 7, and 63 licenses along with state life and health insurance licenses; otherwise, opportunity to secure within first 120 months from date of employment.
- He/she must be extremely responsive, technically superior, self-motivated with excellent presentation skills.
- The individual must have a can do attitude, work well on a team, be adept at collaboration and able to build long-term relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a necessity. Must be able to distill and convey complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Industry designations are preferred (CLU, ChFC, CFP).
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC (Main Campus)
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, its our commitment. Read more about the . If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email , or call We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© TIAA Careers. All rights reserved. Explore all the opportunities we have to offer
Start your career with us
Help us deliver on our unique mission to serve those who serve others. We'll put your talents and skills to work immediately - no waiting.
We are TIAA. Created to serve. Built to perform. DIVERSITY
We're proud of our diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Explore our career areas to see where you might fit best.
We have opportunities available across the United States and in India.
The overall health of our employees is important to us.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Meet some incredible people making a difference
To mark our 100th year, we're honoring Difference Makers by donating $1 million to the organizations they support. Thousands were nominated, and we want to share their inspiring stories with you. 2019 and prior years, Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America - College Retirement Equities Fund, New York, NY 10017
TIAA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering workforce diversity and inclusion.
Advisory services provided by Advise & Planning Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered investment adviser.