+ Hiring difference makers.
☰ 2021 INTERNSHIP: Pre-Rotational Track - Advice and Client Relationships New 💼 TIAA 📅 3 days ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job
TIAA (TIAA.org) is a leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. TIAA has 1.1 trillion in assets under management (as of 06/30/2020) and offers a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
Summer Interns will work on an exciting mix of strategically-aligned challenging assignments and projects that help drive the achievement of the organization's strategy and mission. Managers and colleagues will work side by side with summer interns to ensure development and learning. Candidates can expect to gain an understanding of TIAA and the Financial Services industry and will be involved in creating resolutions for complex problems and/or transactions where business expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes. Successful summer interns will have the opportunity to apply for a full-time position in the highly competitive entry-level TIAA Advice & Client Relationship Rotational Program. POSITION SUMMARY:
As part of the Advice and Client Relationship Summer Intern Program, participants will have a ten-week opportunity to experience and perform the following:
Engage in meaningful and strategic work as part of the TIAA Financial Solutions (TFS) Organization and will include an opportunity to support the Institutional and Retail Financial Services lines of business and potentially other areas within the TFS organizational structure.
- Participate in unique networking opportunities with senior leaders across TFS and TIAA.
- Attend personal and professional development opportunities
- Job shadow & attend presentations by client facing, marketing & advisory roles of interest across the TFS organization
- Interact with other interns from across the company.
- Attend presentations by current & former Rotational Associates.
- Prepare and present an end-of-summer capstone presentation to leaders.
- Currently in pursuit of a Bachelors or Masters degree.
- Rising senior or junior or first-year graduate level student.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (2+ years academic or work experience with PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Currently in pursuit of a Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics, and/or Business Management.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and conceptual skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interest in the advisory areas of the Financial Services Industry.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) with senior leaders and peers.
- Facilitation, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Self-directed, self-starter, and motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Extracurricular program participation in major-related areas.
Please Note: TIAA does not sponsor visas for entry-level/internship positions and, due to program format, will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on a F-1 or other student visa status, including, but not limited to, students who receive a STEM OPT extension. . Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, its our commitment. Read more about the . If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email , or call We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© TIAA Careers. All rights reserved. Explore all the opportunities we have to offer
Start your career with us
Help us deliver on our unique mission to serve those who serve others. We'll put your talents and skills to work immediately - no waiting.
We are TIAA. Created to serve. Built to perform. DIVERSITY
We're proud of our diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Explore our career areas to see where you might fit best.
We have opportunities available across the United States and in India.
The overall health of our employees is important to us.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Meet some incredible people making a difference
To mark our 100th year, we're honoring Difference Makers by donating $1 million to the organizations they support. Thousands were nominated, and we want to share their inspiring stories with you. 2019 and prior years, Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America - College Retirement Equities Fund, New York, NY 10017
TIAA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering workforce diversity and inclusion.
Advisory services provided by Advice & Planning Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered investment adviser.