Lead Systems Analyst
+ Hiring difference makers.
☰ Lead Systems Analyst 💼 TIAA 📅 Dec 02, 2019 Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
Lead Systems Analyst role will be an extremely experienced individual contributor to production support and development operations in the predominant areas of instrumentation and monitoring technologies, approaches and tools to drive great levels of systems, applications and services availability and stability. Role will be expected to influence strategy and operating models in the domains and expected to be one of the thought leaders and drivers for adoption across all teams in CST and Retirement Technology. Develop and maintain positive relationships with all Delivery Units, collaborating across tech leads, architects, infrastructure partners and environment owners to understand and provide support needs but proactively and reactively. Meet customer requirements and SLAs with highest quality of core service delivery in the areas of instrumentation and monitoring using and developing automation, integrated tools and process. Communicate progress on technical / non-technical issues and issue resolution.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- For real time production issues, participate in CST and retirement technology incidents, critical production events and any systems/application/service crisis management
- Ensure support activities and team organization aligns with the business and IT strategies.
- Exemplify behaviors that support OneIT and working closely with vendors and partners.
- Build trusted advisor relationship by partnering with Delivery Unit clients and partners across IT to best achieve business and IT priorities and objectives.
- Plan and utilize resources proactively and efficiently within the CST and retirement community to proactively and reactively.
- Stay current with relevant emerging technologies; assess applications to meet DevOps Support challenges or opportunities determining business benefit and impact.
- Apply strategic thinking against very complex business and technical problems directing personnel and consultants on the proper realization of architectures aligned with DevOps Support objectives.
- Experience with monitoring and instrumentation of applications, systems and services including SWAT type capabilities for rapid response and critical scenario management
- Experience working with an onshore / offshore team, preferably in a 24 x 7 operation.
- 5 or more years experience in IT, with 5 or more years in Middleware Engineering/Support (WebLogic, TomCat, Apache)
- 5 or more years of experience in performing Application troubleshooting using various monitoring tools (SPLUNK, CA-Wily, Dynatrace, Appmon )
- Experience in troubleshooting end to end App and Infrastructure stack (App servers, F5/Load balancers, Server, Network, Database, Storage)
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, its our commitment. Read more about the . If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email . We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- OpenSource monitoring experience a BIG PLUS (Prometheus, Graphana, Zipkin, influxDB
- 3+ years of experience with Load balancers (F5, Viprion) and Datapower/MuleSoft
- Experience supporting heterogeneous environment (On Prerm/Private and Public Cloud)
- Experience in Java Application development, deployment, configuration and integration a plus.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited school in related areas
- Ability to lead multi-deliverable technical efforts
- Broad experience and knowledge of technologies, tools, frameworks, patterns, vendor packages and platforms
- Experience working in a production and/or DevOps support environments.
- Experience with process improvement / continuous improvement
- Experience with open source tools in instrumentation, monitoring, dashboards, logging, etc.
- Ability to understand and align IT Architecture and business strategy with business solutions
- Experience working in financial services with sense of urgency and criticality
- Knowledge of public cloud platform (AWS, Azure) and related Infrastructure/Application deployment tools is BIG PLUS
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© TIAA Careers. All rights reserved. Explore all the opportunities we have to offer
Start your career with us
Help us deliver on our unique mission to serve those who serve others. We'll put your talents and skills to work immediately - no waiting.
We are TIAA. Created to serve. Built to perform. DIVERSITY
We're proud of our diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Explore our career areas to see where you might fit best.
We have opportunities available across the United States and in India.
The overall health of our employees is important to us.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Meet some incredible people making a difference
To mark our 100th year, we're honoring Difference Makers by donating $1 million to the organizations they support. Thousands were nominated, and we want to share their inspiring stories with you. 2019 and prior years, Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America - College Retirement Equities Fund, New York, NY 10017
TIAA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering workforce diversity and inclusion.
Advisory services provided by Advise & Planning Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered investment adviser.