+ Hiring difference makers.
☰ Retail Direct Loan Officer New 💼 TIAA Bank 📅 8 hours ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job COMPANY OVERVIEW
As a part of TIAAs Financial Solutions business, TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides full-service, nationwide banking and lending services to consumer, commercial and institutional clients through a variety of channels, including online, its Florida-based financial centers and at other business offices throughout the country.
The Retail Direct Loan Officer is responsible for converting prospective clients into new loan applications by presenting customers with a variety of mortgage products and pricing based on their borrowing needs. This position will sell multiple brands of lending products through the use of inbound and outbound sales calls. This role will manage the client experience from origination to closing, ensuring a positive customer service experience. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Sell multiple brands of company loan products to prospects, effectively converting leads to borrowers
- Determine and communicate loan level pricing with customers and management in order to maximize profitability
- Follow underwriting guidelines to determine the documentation and lock/pricing requirements on loan level basis
- Learn various types of borrowing programs and processes and stay current with changes and new products
- Provide excellent customer service and effectively recover service when needed
- Follow-up with customers in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage active pipeline from origination to closing
- Work effectively with Fulfillment departments to ensure loan requirements are satisfied and deadlines met
- Efficiently work with various types of systems and software programs simultaneously to maximize time spent selling products
- Establish work habits conducive to market variations
- Work with management to develop sales plan and use their instruction to ensure business success
- Continually develop sales skills through attending systems and product training and other educational opportunities necessary for the position
- Adhere to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to the position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Must be able to make decisive and accurate decisions
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Possess superior customer service skills
- Must be organized and responsible and able to use good judgment
- Ability to learn multiple technical application systems and programs
- Proficiency in MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Windows, MS-Outlook, Encompass, Velocify, and the internet
Required Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six (6) months of experience performing in a Retail Mortgage Loan Officer, Mortgage Loan Trainee, Mortgage Loan Assistant, or Mortgage Loan Production/Operations role or three (3) years of non-mortgage sales experience
- Must be S.A.F.E. Act registered through NMLS or become S.A.F.E. Act registered through NMLS upon hire
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, its our commitment. Read more about the . If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email , or call We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© TIAA Careers. All rights reserved. Explore all the opportunities we have to offer
Start your career with us
Help us deliver on our unique mission to serve those who serve others. We'll put your talents and skills to work immediately - no waiting.
We are TIAA. Created to serve. Built to perform. DIVERSITY
We're proud of our diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Explore our career areas to see where you might fit best.
We have opportunities available across the United States and in India.
The overall health of our employees is important to us.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Meet some incredible people making a difference
To mark our 100th year, we're honoring Difference Makers by donating $1 million to the organizations they support. Thousands were nominated, and we want to share their inspiring stories with you. 2019 and prior years, Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America - College Retirement Equities Fund, New York, NY 10017
TIAA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering workforce diversity and inclusion.
Advisory services provided by Advise & Planning Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered investment adviser.