Marketing Specialist Intern
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Marketing Specialist Intern
2018 Summer Intern Program
Role: Marketing Specialist Intern
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Marketing organization designs, develops and implements marketing campaigns, tactics and applications that drive brand and product awareness with advisors and consumers. We also support our wholesalers (field sales force) to drive sales with financial advisors and ensure a consistent user experience across channels to make it easier for advisors and consumers to do business with us.
As a Marketing Intern, you will have a unique opportunity to engage across a wide spectrum of functions inside and outside of Marketing, will gain valuable insights into core business functions such as vendor management, brand management, product marketing, user experience (UX), analytics and research, and will manage and deliver meaningful projects which will provide actionable insights and value to the organization.
This is a 10-week paid internship June 4 through August 10, 2018 in our Charlotte, NC office. The Brighthouse Financial Intern Program offers work experience with practical application and skill development as well as professional learning/development opportunities, networking events including senior leader interaction, community service events and competitive pay. Consideration for full time, permanent opportunities may be available to qualified applicants as position availability allows upon graduation.
We have four internship opportunities across the Marketing function. While each function has its own specialist role requirements, some of the responsibilities you may have during the internship include:
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to deliver 2-3 projects over the course of the internship
- Conduct research and use analytics to support project goals and objectives
- Set deadlines, establish key measures of success, monitor progress, and report out on project status to management
- Manage all day-to-day activities associated with each project
- Present project findings to management at completion of Internship
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
We recruit candidates who are pursuing a bachelor's degree, preferably focused on marketing, communications, analytics, technology, experience design, sales and general business - but also value students who embrace a diversity of interests and experiences. We will consider all applicants but are particularly interested in current sophomores and juniors. Preferred qualifications include:
- A consistent track record of strong academic performance
- Detail-orientation; approach tasks in a highly organized manner
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills - including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, influencing and negotiation
- Initiative, positive attitude, and a willingness to help others
- Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
Number of Openings: