Project Manager 5
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo US
- 22 Sep 17
Project Manager 5
Wholesale Business Solutions - Portfolio and Program Management Group
Seasoned Project Manager responsible for managing all activities in a project life-cycle (initiation, planning, and executing) associated with high visibility projects that are long-term, affect one or more business units with substantial impact. Role will involve:
- Interactions with a diverse set of stakeholders, such as Business management, Operations, Legal, Compliance, and Technology, across multiple regions (North America, EMEA, and APAC).
- Consult with business partners to clarify and define complex project requirements, budgets and business cases, including statements of work
- Work with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for projects.
- Develop and implement project level processes, procedures and performance metrics. May be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors.
- Ensure program/project-related risks are managed according to the Project Management Policy.
Primary project focus within the regulatory reform space such as Dodd Frank and MiFID. Ideal candidate has experience managing large, complex cross functional regulatory projects with subject matter experience in Foreign Exchange.
This position will report directly to Project Management Manager under the FX Portfolio.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company._They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Direct experience managing large scale projects; ideal candidate will have experience managing compliance / regulatory initiatives.
- Proven track record for leading large, complex, initiatives on time, on budget delivery
- Strong leadership and organization skills including communication, negotiation and problem solving
- Experience / familiarity in Foreign Exchange or Capital Markets
- Experience in formal project methodology; specifically in the creation of business cases, project initiation, development of comprehensive business requirements, identification of project interdependencies, general over-site of the development life cycle and testing strategies and the planning for successful delivery
- Experience presenting to senior management - Strong Oral and written presentation skills
- Experience matrix managing large teams of business, operational and technical resources
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of project status information to identify key risks, customer impact, financial implications, delays the could impact delivery, issues that pose material risk to the project, program or business
- Extensive experience with software development lifecycle methodology
- Scrum certified with experience running an Agile project
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.