Risk Governance Analyst
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 24 Feb 18 2018-02-24
Risk Governance Analyst
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Risk Governance Analyst, will be a key role within the Corporate Risk Management (CRM) organization, working with CRM Leadership to establish and execute the organization's governance strategy and reporting capabilities. This position will entail work that has a mid-level degree of complexity and will require strong organizational and project management skills. This is an important role in the development and implementation of the Brighthouse risk governance framework.
Reports to: Leader, Risk Governance
Direct Reports: None
Location: Charlotte, NC
- Works under the guidance of the Leader, Risk Governance, who will provide direction on work assignments
- Support the development, implementation, and communication of risk related policies and procedures
- Analyze information, make recommendations, and present results to management
- Prepare periodic risk reports for CRM Leadership. Actively participate in corporate GRC (governance, risk and compliance) initiatives, working with key internal stakeholders to design and implement CRM's workflows and policy controls
- May act as a project lead
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Excellent project management, oral, and written communication skills, and ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment
- Undergraduate Degree, preferably in risk management
- Attention to detail - achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks, through concern for all areas involved
- Exhibits ability to prioritize effectively by demonstrating well-organized project management techniques
- 2 - 4 years of related work experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills; strong computer skills with experience in preparing presentations, dashboards, and other management reports
Travel will be limited as Charlotte, NC is the corporate headquarters with infrequent travel to operations in Convent Station, NJ and Tampa, FL.