SVP - Manager - Platform, Compute & Storage
Job Description This is a challenging leadership position within Infrastructure Services. The IT departments support over 10,000+ employees across 70+ offices using several hundred applications running out of several public and private cloud data centers. Reporting up to Moody's Chief Information Officer, Infrastructure leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, core infrastructure, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting environments. Infrastructure has invested significantly in ITIL-based service management, best practice information security, software and hardware to enable an increase in the use of collaborative technologies and cloud-based services adoption.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This role will serve as the head of Cloud, Compute & Storage, reporting into the head of Infrastructure Services. This is a management role, with focus on designing and deploying robust technologies and services, working in conjunction with engineering leads and business partners. This role will also be responsible for ensuring the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the operational support teams, including improvements in operational stability and reducing operational risk and operational expenses.
Below are some core responsibilities of this role. Dedicated focus on the management, governance and operations for the following key Technologies:
- Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, VMware on AWS)
- Private Cloud based on VMware automation technologies incl. vRA
- Datacenter management
- Compute & Storage technologies including but not limited to Converged and Hyper-converged Infrastructure, IBM p-series, x86 HW, SAN, NAS, CAS
- Infrastructure as Code
- Risk Controls management based on NIST framework
- Audit compliance
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for designing and implementing Cloud and Datacenter technologies enabling self-service consumption of Infrastructure via Infrastructure as Code
- Drive a culture of automation first ensuring all requests and changes are implemented via end to end automation
- Ongoing product lifecycle and design
- Partner with system Architects/Engineers on end-to-end designs
- Obtain stakeholder requirements and negotiate delivery expectations
- Keep abreast of market trends, available technologies, vendor roadmaps, etc.
- Ensure operationalization of Infrastructure products & services by ensuring they are Infrastructure Ready and Operationally Ready (IR & OR)
- Establish product/service operating models
- Direct oversight of the operational support teams
- Ensure all technologies and hardware are within the supported versions/editions and plan and implement regular upgrades as appropriate
- Capacity management of the existing Datacenter footprint
- Cost management for Pubic Cloud consumption
- Internal and external collaboration
- Establish and maintain key business relationships
- Liaise with vendors and managed services partners
- Risk Controls and Audit support
- Ensure all configurations and processes meet the established Risk Controls
- Work with the CISO and the InfoRisk team to review and establish future controls
- Ensure there are no significant audit deficiencies leading from control failures
- Guide the service review process to drive continuous service improvement
- Develop knowledge and deep understanding of the DevOps experience
- Measure all the factors that form the customer experience through various KPIs
- Help to drive better customer interactions and enhance the overall business performance ensuring an optimal experience
- Understand and manage the budget and identify opportunities for short and long term efficiencies with cost reductions
- Make decisions and drive results that positively impact (reduce) operational costs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent area of study. Industry Certification in relevant area is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in IT industry in relevant area
- Excellent team leadership skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience with managing large-scale Datacenters and Cloud deployments spanning all global regions
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions
- Expertise Operating System layer for Windows, Linux, AIX
- Expertise in Public clouds especially, AWS, Azure and VMware Cloud on AWS
- Expertise in Physical hardware including converged and hyper-converged infrastructure, x86 based servers, IBM -series HW, SAN, NAS, CAS, Storage switching HW & fabric, etc.
- Expertise in Datacenter technologies for environmentals management
- Networking - Expertise LAN, WAN, Voice, Audio
- Core Infrastructure Applications - Expertise AD, DNS, Messaging, Virtual Desktops, etc.
- Expertise with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.