SVP Systems Engineering
Job Description This position will report into the head of Infrastructure as a Service team and will be responsible for Network Engineering and Operations. The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This is a management role leading a team of Network engineers who are responsible for implementing and managing WAN and LAN technologies for our ever-expanding organization. This team is also responsible for deploying WAN optimization technologies to help use its precious bandwidth as efficiently as possible. The job requires a very good understanding of WAN and LAN technology. The candidate will be responsible for the Vision, Architecture, Engineering and Operations for the Network team. The candidate is expected to help with the evaluation and adoption of Software Defined Network (SDN/SD-WAN) technologies to help drive us towards a future state architecture with emphasis on improved performance, local egress, SaaS friendly networking, and reduced operational complexity and cost. Other responsibilities also include setting and enforcing standards for secure Hardware and Software configurations along with tracking their patching and lifecycle. Besides selecting the appropriate standards, the team is responsible for end to end Operations for the Network space via oversight and management of outsourced operations partners. To that end, the team also has ongoing responsibility to create and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensure they are followed, problems identified and resolved in a timely manner. The team is expected to be available 24x7 for any incidents / outages that require immediate attention to ensure restoration of service. Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for designing and implementing networks that support voice, video and data simultaneously
- Drive a culture of automation first ensuring all requests and changes are implemented via end to end automation
- Capacity planning and upgrades for network circuits and equipment
- Responsible for network HW/SW lifecycle, version management, patch and vulnerability management.
- Evaluation and implementation of new technologies including but not limited to SD-WAN
- Responsible for the evaluation and recommendation of HW/SW solutions for other IT teams / business groups
- Drive configuration standardization and management via automation
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and developments in related area of responsibility
- Recommend adoption of new technologies and work on testing and deployment plans with a focus to enable Cloud adoption, improved end user experience and automation.
- Manage the Operations team and the managed service provider/s i ncluding managing relationships with key vendors / suppliers
- Participate in vendor governance meetings to ensure delivery of contracted services
- Drive continuous service improvement within the team and across all Infrastructure functions
- Responsible for creating and reviewing SOPs and reporting for operations teams and ensure adherence to SOPs and SLAs
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Excellent team leadership skills
- Excellent collaboration skills across different business groups
- Expert knowledge and experience in Network Architecture, Design, Engineering and Operations
- Expert knowledge of SD-WAN technologies with implementation and management experience
- Ability to create business cases for selection and implementation of new technologies
- Experience with managing a large-scale Network infrastructure across multiple offices, Datacenters, Cloud spanning all global regions
- Knowledge of automation and orchestration techniques for network devices (Ansible, Python, Cisco Prime, etc.). Linux/Python/REST API skills are desired.
- Knowledge of networking in cloud environments (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of voice technologies including CUCM, UCCE is desired
- Experience with development of fault tolerant, redundant, and scalable networking solutions
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions
- Experience with Cisco IOS, NXOS, Wireless and similar technologies
- Experience with Ethernet Switching technologies and related IEEE standards
- Experience with common cabling plant standards and various LAN/WAN interface technologies
- Experience with IPv4 networking, IPv4 dynamic routing - especially OSPF and BGP
- Experience configuring Network optimization technologies (Riverbed Steelhead or similar products)
- Routing and switching products (Cisco and/or others)
- In depth knowledge of WAN technologies -MPLS, IPsec VPN, etc.
- Knowledge of Cisco DNA Center and APIC or similar technology is desired
- Experience with traffic prioritization use QOS, COS, DiffServ
- Ability to understand wireshark captures and netflow reporting
- Load balancer product experience is desired (Citrix Netscaler or equivalent)
- Good Visio and Excel skills
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.