- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
Brighthouse Financial Internal Audit will be laser focused on addressing risks that could prevent us from achieving our insurgent mission and adding value with sound business advice.
The Brighthouse Financial Senior Auditor I reports to Brighthouse Financial's Internal Audit Leaders. The Senior Auditor I is a key member of our team. They will provide assurance services focused on the top financial, operational, and product risks facing Brighthouse's strategy, and will be engaged in advisory projects supporting Brighthouse's mission.
The Senior Auditor I is a leader who takes ownership, accountability, and pride in their work and the success of the team. The Senior Auditor I will primarily be responsible for leading and assisting with audits of Brighthouse's product and operational areas, but they must also be willing to learn and audit all areas of the company such as Finance, Accounting, IT, and Risk Management. The Senior Auditor I will also assist with SOX testing. The Senior Auditor I should have a good understanding of data analytics to provide insight and guidance to the team and management.
- Implement the Internal Audit department's audit methodology, processes, reporting, and technology
- Work closely with audit managers and team members to develop the scope and approach for assigned audits to ensure we focus on the right risks and hold the business accountable to the appropriate level of risk mitigation
- Utilize experience and auditing skills to cover a broad range of risks, including finance, business, technology, and data
- Demonstrate a willingness to improve and increase knowledge by taking on new assignments and responsibilities in multiple areas
- Build relationships with business leaders and work with external audit teams, consultants, regulators as needed
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Intermediate-level understanding of Generally Accepted Audit Standards, IIA Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and GAAP, SEC, and statutory reporting; experience with financial services preferred
- Ability to understand and analyze data and risks to plan and execute an audit
- Commitment to teamwork and consultative work style
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including presenting, listening and interviewing
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; MACC / MBA preferred
- 4+ years of auditing experience; Big Four preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate or equivalent designation
Number of Openings