Senior Compensation Advisor
All companies + Hiring difference makers.
☰ Sr Compensation Advisor New TIAA 6 hours ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
Position will be responsible for providing guidance and analytical support for the implementation and execution of compensation processes, programs and practices for assigned business area. Partners closely with HR Business Partners to provide compensation consulting to the business area.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Conduct analyses to ensure compensation is competitive and in alignment with compensation philosophy of the Company and meets business area needs. Provide recurring and ad hoc analytics and reporting related to employee compensation
- Review jobs and conduct evaluations to create and maintain appropriate job architecture including job families, job leveling, benchmarking, FLSA designation, etc. Act as subject matter expert, providing specialized knowledge of jobs in functional or business unit area.
- Advise and support HR Business Partners and business leaders on compensation processes (variable compensation awards, promotion cycles, salary increases, etc.) for assigned business areas.
- Assist in completion and analysis of salary survey submission and data refresh processes.
- Conduct benchmarking, market, and internal equity analysis.
- Serve as an advisor for offer recommendations for internal and external candidates.
- Network with senior personnel within Compensation and across groups to resolve issues, gain needed information, and influence outcomes.
- Consult with HR Business Partners in the execution of tactical plans to support the assigned business and to understand the internal clients needs and develop solutions.
- Position may provide functional advice or training to less experienced staff.
- Identifies workflow problems pertaining to team functions; recommends and implements solutions.
- May lead projects across Compensation to improve efficiency, simplify processes, and support ongoing initiatives.
- Contributes to decisions and projects that have a moderate to high impact to the organization.
Please note: For the Charlotte, NC location this role would be located at our Main Campus; 8500 Andrew Carnegie Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28262 QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
- 3+ years of Compensation experience in Human Resources
- Experience with job pricing and market benchmarking
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, its our commitment. Read more about the . If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email . We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- FLSA evaluation experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 or more years Compensation experience
- Financial Services experience and solid business acumen
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and a customer focused mindset with the ability to manage expectations of stakeholder
- Excellent attention to details and accuracy
- MS PowerPoint (Intermediate)
- MS Word (Intermediate)
- Understand change management and be able to identify implications of Compensation projects and plan for implementation
- Complex problem resolution skills
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information and sensitive situations with discretion
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© TIAA Careers. All rights reserved. Explore all the opportunities we have to offer
Start your career with us
Help us deliver on our unique mission to serve those who serve others. We'll put your talents and skills to work immediately - no waiting.
We are TIAA. Created to serve. Built to perform. DIVERSITY
We're proud of our diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Explore our career areas to see where you might fit best.
We have opportunities available across the United States and in India.
The overall health of our employees is important to us.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Meet some incredible people making a difference
To mark our 100th year, we're honoring Difference Makers by donating $1 million to the organizations they support. Thousands were nominated, and we want to share their inspiring stories with you. 2019 and prior years, Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America - College Retirement Equities Fund, New York, NY 10017
TIAA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering workforce diversity and inclusion.
Advisory services provided by Advise & Planning Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered investment adviser.