Senior Director: Data Solutions Delivery
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're se eking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Director of Data Solutions Delivery leads a group of multiple high performing teams focused on delivering data management, data integration, and data solutions. The teams are composed of a combination of Brighthouse Financial Product Managers, Analysts, and Engineers working with varying Systems Integrators, consultants, and vendors to build and deliver data driven business solutions through sustainable and scalable design and development methodologies, approaches, and practices.
This role will work with Enterprise Architecture and our System Integration partners to define and manage the implementation of foundational capabilities, platform architecture frameworks, software & hardware technologies, as well as on-premise and cloud technologies to deliver and realize solutions in alignment with Brighthouse Financials' Data Management strategy. Key Responsibilities:
Shape the formation of the Data Solutions function responsible for the design, deliver, and operational end to end data and analytics solutions; from consultation through operations. Partner with senior leadership on the continuing transformation into a data and analytics driven organization.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Data Solutions Delivery & Integration Services
- Design and build pipelines to source, collect, transform, and translate (ETL/ELT) data for large volume batch and low-latency data movement and delivery.
- Build APIs, data services, and microservices in support critical operational and analytical business solutions and processes.
- Develops and maintains code bases and rules for profiling and monitoring data to ensure end to end data delivery consistency, integrity, and reliability.
- Own and manage the creation, delivery, and operational support of data management solutions.
- Quality Assurance, Operations & Production Support
- Develop the discipline to ensure timely delivery of highly reliable data and data related solutions.
- Continually harden, enhance, and improve overall resilience of new and existing solutions.
- Define and track metrics that demonstrate operational effectiveness and improvement opportunities.
- Data Management Design & Delivery
- Provide end to end program management aligning Development, Functional and non-Functional requirements in close coordination with Infrastructure, Operations, Security, Transformation Office, and vendor partners to ensure a wholly aligned and coordinated delivery of the new Enterprise Data Management Framework.
- Collaborate with BHF and Vendor partners to design of the Enterprise Data Management framework
- Data Management & Integration Strategy, Operations, and Support
- Ensure end to end platform delivery consistency, integrity, and reliability.
- Develop operational support model including resource model and costs.
- Partner with architecture and engineering to create a standard data integration, standardization, and consumption platform to ensure consistent use of information across partner organizations.
- Lead a mix of resources across BHF, Systems Integration, and Platform vendor partners, and other programs and ensure teams have appropriate support to meet goals and ensure that project risks are identified, mitigated and communicated to stakeholders
- Address and mitigate open security and risk items in conjunction with audit, compliance, and enterprise security.
- Manage program prioritization, demand management, budget, and resource plans.
- Identify structural and process improvement opportunities, overseeing the development and implementation of best practices for modern development principles and methodologies.
Proven leadership and influence skills - This individual will be driving a fundamental transformation in the creation of our foundational data management capabilities.
Key Relationships : Direct Reports/Team
- Proven track record in developing, deploying and/or maintaining transactional systems, operational databases and data stores, data warehousing, reporting, analytics platforms, tools, and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large, complex, multi-disciplinary systems implementation projects with a combination of in-house resources, matrixed delivery teams, onshore and offshore delivery teams.
- Strong foundational knowledge and experience with peta-scale data systems supporting large consumer-facing websites.
- Extensive experience in solutions delivery including hands-on management skills - interest and ability to roll up sleeves and work along with key delivery leads, designers, architects and engineers to build leading edge modern data and analytics solutions.
- Broad and deep understanding of data technologies and their applied usage - These include enterprise data platforms (Azure/AWS, SAP HANA/BDS, Cloudera, Teradata), No SQL (DynamoDB, MongoDB, HBase), DBMS (SQL Server, Oracle), ETL (Informatica, Pentaho), Data Management (Master Data Management, Reference Dta Management, Data Governance, Meta-Data Management), performance tuning for large-scale computing clusters (Spark, Hadoop), OS (Linux, Windows Solaris), and languages (Java, Python, Scala, C++). Experience dealing with PB+ data sets.
- Familiarity with a range of data management and integration approaches, the latest trends and tools, approaches, techniques, and methodologies in data and analytics development management.
- Deep understanding and appreciation for both business and technology components of information management in insurance and financial services industry.
- Proven track record in meeting aggressive deadlines.
: Growing team. Currently 2 with a target of 8-12. Other Key Stakeholders
: IT Leaders in other verticals including: Infrastructure, Architecture, Delivery, Security. Also: Finance, Actuary, Investments, Marketing, Digital & Distribution Travel:
Up to 10%