Senior Financial Analyst
All companies + Hiring difference makers.
☰ Sr Financial Analyst New TIAA 2 days ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
For more information about TIAA, .
TIAAs Financial Reporting Systems team of the Corporate Controllership Department is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst. The Financial Reporting Systems team is the center of excellence for accounting and finance technology support and development for TIAAs broad lines of business. This includes governance around our ledger and financial reporting platforms. This position is responsible for the management and administration of the Finance taxonomy / code block and will assist in reporting related duties. This position is specifically responsible for managing the integrity of the financial related metadata. The position will work with the different data stewards and must have a working understanding of accounting system processes, and how both upstream and downstream systems utilize metadata within the primary accounting system. This role will work collaboratively across functions and help manage financial metadata governance. This position will be a key player in a massive financial transformation in a fortune 100 company with an opportunity for career growth and development.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintains meta-data documentation for consumption and assistance in accounting, reporting and all other related financial activities
- Produces metadata reports on an ongoing basis
- Manages the inflow, review, evaluation and approval process for Finance taxonomy / code block changes
- Interprets, analyzes and implements business requirements regarding changes to the financial metadata and coordinates their implementation across the system architecture
- Ensures proper business decision-maker approval is captured and documented for subsequent change support
- Establishes and administers sound business processes to ensure source data flows downstream as required to ancillary systems
- Maintains a positive, results-oriented work environment, building partnerships and communications with finance, accounting and reporting stakeholders
- Leads and manages periodic training for end-users, and communicate new policies and business requirements related to the financial metadata process
- Provides guidance and support to other team members
- Assists with continued implementation of PeopleSoft and Hyperion Financial Management and ongoing maintenance and improvements
- Effectively assesses existing functions and processes, drives efficiencies through improvements, and uses knowledge and experience to develop innovative automated solutions
- Maintains knowledge, familiarity and documentation of business processes to enhance and promote sound internal control practices
- Develops a broad understanding of TIAA technical landscape to undertake and manage special projects and other reporting needs as required
- Bachelors Degree
- 3 or more years of related experience in financial reporting and financial analysis in a corporate environment
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, its our commitment. Read more about the . If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email , or call We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Information Systems or related degree
- Hands-on skills in detailing / documenting business processes
- Experience developing complex work papers to evidence sound financial reporting controls
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to collaborate with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem solving skills among other team members as appropriate
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands, and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Proven ability to work as a business partner with all levels of management to improve processes and reporting requirements
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, speaking and writing
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Experience with leading small teams is a plus
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© TIAA Careers. All rights reserved. Explore all the opportunities we have to offer
Start your career with us
Help us deliver on our unique mission to serve those who serve others. We'll put your talents and skills to work immediately - no waiting.
We are TIAA. Created to serve. Built to perform. DIVERSITY
We're proud of our diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Explore our career areas to see where you might fit best.
We have opportunities available across the United States and in India.
The overall health of our employees is important to us.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Meet some incredible people making a difference
To mark our 100th year, we're honoring Difference Makers by donating $1 million to the organizations they support. Thousands were nominated, and we want to share their inspiring stories with you. 2019 and prior years, Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America - College Retirement Equities Fund, New York, NY 10017
TIAA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering workforce diversity and inclusion.
Advisory services provided by Advise & Planning Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered investment adviser.