Senior Manager, Diversity
All companies + Hiring difference makers.
☰ Sr Manager, Inclusion & Diversity New TIAA 23 hours ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
The Sr Manager, Inclusion & Diversity will be responsible for leading, developing, monitoring, and disseminating EEO updates, Affirmative Action Plans, and D&I metrics in adherence with compliance responsibilities and to help drive deeper manager accountability. This position will also manage the Employer of Choice survey drafting and submission as well as ad hoc research for the Chief Inclusion & Diversity Officer.
Responsibilities include setting up a system of checks and balances to ensure that TIAA, its acquisitions and affiliates meet all federal contractor requirements for the workforce. This role will have broad responsibility to analyze data, manage dashboards and configure reports to gauge the success of D&I strategies and initiatives aimed at improving workforce representation and equity. While duties and responsibilities apply directly to TIAA, integration and collaboration with acquisitions and affiliates is expected for ALL areas of responsibility.
This role reports to the Senior Director, Innovation & Diversity Strategies and collaborates with key stakeholders including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Workforce Analytics, Total Rewards, Legal, and Compliance to achieve the organizations objectives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work collaboratively with the Workforce Analytics and HRIS teams to lead the design and implementation of a comprehensive set of D&I metrics, dashboard and other reporting tools to effectively monitor, analyze and benchmark diversity, inclusion and equity indicators. Key processes include performance ratings analyses, culture survey responses, Employee Resource Group metrics, promotions, hiring and termination equity and other statistical adverse impact indicators.
- Responsible for developing, monitoring, and disseminating the firms Affirmative Action Plans (AAP) across all locations in compliance with Executive Order 11246 and related federal EEO requirements. This includes providing confidential HR data to external law firm for AAP development and summarizing key findings for distribution to HR business partners and business leaders for action planning related to sourcing, hiring, promoting, terminating and paying all employees fairly.
- Design and implement self-audit systems to ensure that programs and processes are in compliance with regulatory standards. Conduct periodic OFCCP desk audits and recommend appropriate interventions to eliminate systemic barriers in hiring, promotion, and talent development processes.
- Will strategically incorporate inputs from census data, benchmarks, affirmative action planning, HRIS, survey scorecards and other relevant sources to assess organizational performance against key compliance measures; will establish subject matter expertise in the area of I&D workforce analytics and illustration; data outputs will serve as proof points of progress and success in the market place and with regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for strengthening relationships with external stakeholders who inform the compliance process; Will develop key internal and external relationships in support of compliance efforts (i.e. Law, TIAA Bank, Nuveen, etc.); Will manage program leveraging tools like to RACI to ensure that deliverables are clearly understood, systems / data readiness and due dates are met. Will coordinate and manage any external request from regulatory agencies, as well as the preparation for any onsite visits.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to ensure I&D is a key enabler to achieve business objectives and is leveraged as a competitive advantage.
- 5+ years experience with federal contractor compliance to include analyzing and presenting AAP, OFCCP, EEO and other related federal requirements
- 3+ years of project management experience
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, its our commitment. Read more about the . If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email , or call We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Expert knowledge in data analytics and use of Microsoft excel and similar software
- Strong business orientation. The successful candidate will have strong thinking and business knowledge.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© TIAA Careers. All rights reserved. Explore all the opportunities we have to offer
Start your career with us
Help us deliver on our unique mission to serve those who serve others. We'll put your talents and skills to work immediately - no waiting.
We are TIAA. Created to serve. Built to perform. DIVERSITY
We're proud of our diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Explore our career areas to see where you might fit best.
We have opportunities available across the United States and in India.
The overall health of our employees is important to us.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Meet some incredible people making a difference
To mark our 100th year, we're honoring Difference Makers by donating $1 million to the organizations they support. Thousands were nominated, and we want to share their inspiring stories with you. 2019 and prior years, Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America - College Retirement Equities Fund, New York, NY 10017
TIAA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering workforce diversity and inclusion.
Advisory services provided by Advise & Planning Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered investment adviser.