Senior Manager / Director - Model Risk Management Practice
- Charlotte, NC, USA Charlotte NC US
- Permanent, Full time
- The Resource Collaborative
- 17 May 18 2018-05-17
Our client is a global consulting firm - collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 40,000 people serving clients in more than 100 countries, they have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader. They are committed to capitalizing on their strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share their values and drive. Their global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility guide their behaviors and fuel their ambition..."to be the firm that makes a difference, every day."
The responsibilities will include:
- Participate in model risk management, governance and model validation projects across the financial services industry. Particularly in the areas of CCAR, DFAST (stress testing models), Basel, AML and fraud models, and ALLL.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following: credit loss forecasting models (NCO, PD, LGD), PPNR, time series, linear regression models and statistical sampling techniques.
- Support CoE activities, design model risk management practices, model development and validation methodologies, training and use cases.
- Build a network across the industry and enable collaboration and reuse of model risk management practices and expertise across the firm's.
- Demonstrates some proven abilities and success with utilizing an analytical mind-set and creative problem-solving abilities when applying regulatory requirements in a business environment and model risk management areas.
- Demonstrates some proven abilities and success as a team member; understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills (preferable a post graduate degree in Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or related disciplines)
- Big 4 or related consulting experience
- Ability to interface with internal and external clients
- Demonstrate understanding and practical experience in the areas of model risk management including model development.
- Demonstrate understanding of current regulatory guidance i.e. SR 11-7, SR 15- 18
- Has strong communication verbal and writing skills.
- Practical experience designing and developing analytical models and analyzing large datasets.
- A minimum 4 years of experience in model risk management, model validation, model testing.
- Hands-on Experience with analytical and modeling tools such as SAS, R, Matlab
- Associate in Financial Risk Management (FRM) certification highly desired.
- Travel 75% - 85%
- Job Location: New York, Charlotte, Chicago (national role with extensive travel)
Our client promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. A complete list of benefits will be available.