Senior Software Engineer
Job Description A Senior Software Engineer fulfills the following responsibilities with little to moderate guidance of more senior team members.
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective
- Provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Provide input into technical design, at the story and/or module level.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Provide design templates for and review code of Associate Software Engineers.
- Perform coding and unit testing tasks, and perform detailed analysis of requirements and technical problems
- Deep understanding of ETL and Stored Procedure design and development
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Microservices
- 10+ years of professional software development experience on multi-tiered enterprise applications
- 5+ years of software development experience in a highly regulated environment, such as financial services
- Understanding of CI/CD toolchain experience, such as Jenkins
- Experience in Database Design, ETL Frameworks, and exposure to Data Modelling
- Experience with relational databases and familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Experienced in Data Testing, Data Controls, and Data Profiling Tools
- Experienced in Data Integration tools: Informatica, DataStage, Oracle PLSQL, Sybase Stored Procedures, Kafka, TalenD, etc.
- Strong understanding of clean, reusable ETL designs and techniques
- Familiar with Databases: SQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySql, MongoDB, SQLServer, etc.
- Experienced in Others: Jira, SVN, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Minimum Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science or related experience, Masters degree is a plus.
Moodyâ€™s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moodyâ€™s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moodyâ€™s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.