Solution Architect/Delivery Manager – ETL
Job Description Role/Responsibilities:
- Act as solution architect and/or Delivery Manager primarily on ETL and business intelligence portfolio of projects
- Manage ETL Processes and Projects and lead a team of onshore and/or offshore ETL team members
- Provide and implement BI Solutions - Ad-hoc and standard reports
- Provide best practice solution in ETL mapping/sessions/processes and automate/schedule/manage ETL jobs
- Create project work plans, develop and coordinate various deliverables in the software development lifecycle, revising as necessary to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Be accountable for managing all technical aspects of assigned projects, ensuring a high level of process consistent with company established policies
- Consistently deliver high-quality business intelligence solutions and services to clients on schedule
- Communicate difficult/sensitive information appropriately.
- Communicate with customers technical concepts in easy to understand language
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project/product management
- Develop an understanding of clients' business and suggest effective programming solutions
- Collaborate with other functions (such as Operations, Quality Assurance, Product Management & Production Support) to determine possible solutions to particular problems and issues
Quick learner, technology agnostic, and open to leading design and development of projects using other technologies (e.g. .Net Framework).
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent engineering field
- Over 10 years of delivering ETL, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing enterprise solutions, with a minimum of 8 years' experience in the role of a project manager/ solution architect
- Management and Technology Consulting experience is highly preferred
- Must have strong development and management experience with Data Base tool - SQL Server and ETL Tool - Informatica
- Experience with project management, design, implementation, integration, and operational support of 2 or more applications
- Experience with ETL deployment and release management from one environment to another
- Experience with Relational Database Sybase, Oracle, and/or SQL Server a must
- Experience with technical project management in providing high level order-of-magnitude 3-points estimates, defining technical activities, estimating activity duration, sequencing activities, resource assignment to activities, creation of development project plan, and monitoring and controlling development progress
- Experience in Agile and RUP SDLC methodologies within IT governance framework
- Experience in Data model design, Work flow integration, and business rule management systems is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and work effectively with a team, peers, vendors, clients, and other functions (Operation, Quality Assurance, etc.) with IT organization
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical, and problem solving skills
- The ability to stay up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the industry
- Willingness to learn and motivated to succeed and grow.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, self-assured and confident with a professional approach, clear and concise communications, and analytical thoroughness.
*May be required to work weekends as defined by business need.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.