Sr Contracts Manager
Job Description As a Contracts Manager you will provide dedicated support to Moody's in-house Intellectual Property and Technology Legal team. Working closely with Procurement and Sourcing, you will play an active role in vendor contracting and negotiations, and support Moody's interactions with its network of outside counsel. This role will report directly to the Assistant General Counsel (New York).
- General :
- Strong academic credentials from a top university
- Please note tis role does not require a JD degree
- The ability to manage multiple deals and projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Proven self-starter willing to work independently and take on a good deal of responsibility, with a strong background in technology contracts and related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment, including in support of multiple senior attorneys simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Contracts :
- A minimum 7+ years of experience drafting, negotiating and interpreting a broad range of vendor contracts, with strong preference for experience in IT, privacy and tech contracts
- Demonstrated ability to identify and negotiate contract issues with vendors directly; resolve open issues with internal stakeholders in order to expedite deal closure. Negotiate positions with vendor counsel, based on Moody's standard and preferred positions
- Manage deal intake in order to provide guidance on the appropriate template agreements to use, and identify and advise on any issues relevant to Moody's internal policies
- A background in supporting in-house sourcing professionals relative to strategic supply chain transactions
- Projects :
- Experience assisting Legal colleagues in managing discrete single or multiple stakeholder projects in support of firm initiatives, increased operational efficiency and/or in-scope policies and other guidance through completion, including collating feedback from multiple sources and stakeholders for inclusion into the final work product
- Manage Legal Department outreach via intranet initiatives and internal database of templates and contracts,
- Experience "owning" a process or area for which full responsibility it taken for all activities relevant to such process or area.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.