Sr Infrastructure Project Manager
Job Description Moody's Inc. MSS is looking for a Sr Solutions Engineer to join our Enterprise Infrastructure team. The primary responsibilities of this role include partnering with senior business and technology leaders to drive strategic enterprise initiatives to success business outcomes, including numerous infrastructure transformation implementations. We are looking for an individual who has a demonstrated track record of delivering strategic solutions while bridging the gap between business, application development and infrastructure knowledge.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Actively owning programs/projects from concept to implementation to ensure the team is delivering expected business outcomes while managing to timeline and budget constraints.
- Effectively coordinating and communicating project status, dependencies, issues and risks to business and technology stakeholders.
- Partnering with technology LoBs to implement foundational technology platforms supporting key business capabilities.
- Analyzing risks and proposing mitigation solutions and contingency plans.
- Partnering with other project managers, delivery leads and solution managers to manage cross-project dependencies, risks and business expectations.
- Managing teams to desired outcomes through influence and matrixed management skills.
- Applying business judgement and problem solving skills to overcome challenges and recommending clear solutions to stakeholders.
- Coaching and mentoring team members and project coordinators.
Competencies for Success/Requirements:
- Action oriented and independent with the ability to drive large highly technical projects and programs with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of basic enterprise infrastructure concepts, enabling the ability to fluently communicate with Infrastructure stakeholders.
- Ability to delegate and oversee project delivery functions to other team members as needed.
- Ability to manage detailed budget and resource management aspects of large program.
- Strong negotiating, facilitation, influencing and vendor management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including presenting options and recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and leverage strong relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills, with ability to communicate actionable insights.
- Ability to manage conflict and difficult situations.
- Ability to hold people accountable to deliver results.
- Demonstrated passion for developing and overseeing strategic solution execution.
- BA/BS in Computer Science/Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline, with at least 5 - 10 years of experience leading project and program teams to successful solution implementations.
- Experience implementing and/or optimizing the operations of network, compute, storage, and/or cloud systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects supporting multiple technology/business groups from inception through successful implementation in a cross-functional environment, including defining scope, validating requirements, quality testing, deployment planning, and ensuring user readiness.
- Understanding of financial services and the Ratings industry.
- Experience delivering outcomes through a variety of execution methodologies; including Agile, iterative, waterfall, Kanban, others.
- Experience with software/hardware vendor management and implementing vendor solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with project management software tools (JIRA, Visio, MS Project, MS Office suite, Trello, etc)
- Experience working in a consulting or similar organization servicing financial services industry clients or in a technology area servicing infrastructure engineering/operations areas is desirable.
- PMP Certification or equivalent is a plus .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.