Sr Load Balancing Engineer (100% Remote OR Charlotte)
Job Description This is a challenging position within the Systems Engineering team of Infrastructure Services. Reporting up to Moody's Chief Information Officer, Infrastructure leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting, environment management and production support services. We support over 150 bespoke applications operating from 5 key private cloud data centers along with public cloud facilities. Infrastructure has invested significantly in ITIL-based service management, best practice information security, software and hardware to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service cloud-based architectures.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This is role for those in the early stages of their networking career or in an operational environment looking to move to the next level. The team is responsible for, designing, optimizing and implementing WAN and LAN technologies for our ever expanding organization. Moody's is moving towards Software Defined networks for voice, video and data in order to increase the use of collaborative technologies in an effort to improve our competitive advantage. This team is also responsible for deploying WAN optimization technologies to help use its precious bandwidth as efficiently as possible. The job requires a good understanding of WAN and LAN technology including but not exclusive to a through understanding of TCP/IP and DNS . As a member of the Infrastructure as a Service Engineering team you will be part of the team responsible for defining standards for Hardware and Software configuration templates along with tracking their patching and lifecycles. This includes HW standards for Network Load Balancers and the integral working parts. Besides selecting the appropriate standards, the team is responsible for designing and future proofing the infrastructure. This includes the implementation and creation of SOPs in coordination with the operations teams. The team also has ongoing responsibility to oversee the operations teams to ensure that SOPs are followed, problems identified and resolved in a timely manner. Primary Responsibilities include but not exclusive to
- Develop and maintain IP Address Management automation
- Analysis of vulnerabilities for load balancers to determine impact and remediation
- Automation of load balancer base build templates
- Design review of all business load balanced requests.
- Evaluate new product roadmap for Load Balancing equipment (Citrix)
- Identify opportunities and inefficiencies for automation in load balanced environment
- Investigate enhanced Load Balancer services and plan for integrations
- Plan and oversee code upgrades of load balancers due to incident or vulnerability
- Splunk integration, monitoring and consultation
- Load Balancer engineering design, standards and documentation
- Automation integration with Splunk, SNOW, and other network management tools
- Load Balancer engineering meetings with Application and Infrastructure teams
- Load Balancer performance and capacity evaluation
- Plan and participate in DR failovers for Load Balanced Applications
- VIP Assignment for load balanced applications
- Weekly load balancer status review with operations team
- Participate in PRC and Transformation initiatives for load balancing and application optimization
- Work with other IT teams on server rotation of load balanced application for patching
- Work with other team members on creation and deployment of automation processes.
- Deliver support for cloud-based applications through DevOps and scripting support.
- Develop automation for cloud-based application support
- Assist the journey to bring the network infrastructure to software defined networks as well as cloud enabled.
- Capacity planning and upgrades for network circuits and equipment.
- Responsible for network equipment life cycle, version management, patch and vulnerability management.
- Ensure all network Infrastructure is complaint in accordance with Moody's Security Policy.
- Recommend adoption of new technologies and work on testing and deployment plans.
Qualifications Technical Skills
Education Qualification and Certification Requirements
- Full technical knowledge of the Citrix ADC platform including VPX, CPX, MPX and SDX solutions
- Full understanding off CADM (formerly NMAS) and its ability assist in the deployment and management of load balancing solutions
- Full working knowledge of ADC release 12.0, 12.1, with 13.0 an advantage
- Full working knowledge of Citrix NetScaler platforms
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking is an advantage.
- Experience with Ethernet Switching technologies and related IEEE standards (i.e. 802.1d, 802.1q, 802.3ad, 802.1x, 802.11a/b/g/ac, etc).
- Experience in DNS solutions and delivery.
- Experience with IPv4 networking, IPv4 dynamic routing - especially OSPF and BGP.
- Exposure to IPv6.
- Experience with VPN technologies.
- Knowledge of WAN technologies is desirable
- Experience in Intelligent Traffic Management desirable
- Understanding of networking fundamentals.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Good Visio and Excel skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Ability to understand wireshark captures and netflow reporting.
- Cisco routing and switching products
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology.
• Industry certification in relevant area is a plus
• Minimum 3 years' experience in IT industry in relevant area #LI-DS2
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.