Treasury Operations Intern
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Treasury Operations Intern
2018 Summer Intern Program
Role: Treasury Operations Intern
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The program will provide you exposure and responsibilities to develop core competencies and skills required of a treasury operations professional (i.e., execution of a banking infrastructure, assisting with all cash management processes) including having the opportunity to build relationships with, and present recommendations to, senior leaders and stakeholders.
This is a 10-week paid internship June 4 through August 10, 2018 in our Charlotte, NC office. The Brighthouse Financial Intern Program offers work experience with practical application and skill development as well as professional learning/development opportunities, networking events including senior leader interaction, community service events and competitive pay. Consideration for full time, permanent opportunities may be available to qualified applicants as position availability allows upon graduation.
- Perform daily cash positioning activities, including developing daily cash position, managing daily liquidity, performing prior-day cash position reconciliation, and monitoring bank reporting
- Perform day-to-day activities related to establishing and maintaining bank accounts and related services required to support daily cash management, disbursements (electronic and check payments), collections (electronic, check, and physical cash), and capital markets activities
- Perform bank fees analysis and work with internal parties to resolve discrepancies
- Perform analysis to support treasury budgeting efforts
- Support audit activities
- Support treasury initiatives
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Completion of the third year of college
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics or mathematics
- A consistent track record of strong academic performance
- Detail orientation; approach tasks in an organized manner
- MS Office experience preferred, but not necessary
Number of Openings: