- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings QRF
VP - Model Validation
- Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
My client, a top bank, is seeking a highly technical and quantitative risk professional to assume ownership of the validation efforts for bank-wide AML, Fraud, and Compliance models.As the VP of Model Validation, the qualified individual will assume responsibility for the continued enhancement of the bank's Model Risk Management program through an effective challenge, review, and oversight. The ideal candidate will be a season quantitative risk professional with hands-on modeling experience in either a development of validation capacity, combined with advanced working experience with languages like R, Matlab, Python, C++, SaS, and/or SQL. You as the candidate can expect a fantastic working environment with a top bank in the industry combined with an industry leading compensation package.
- Assume responsibility for the validation efforts of the bank's AML, Fraud, and Compliance models
- Lead reviews of conceptual soundness, assumptions, theory, estimations, and limitations of the model being validated
- Act as an advisory figure for business lines, relaying validation findings and helping to achieve strategic organizational goals.
- Take ownership of the identification and quantification of model risk for the relative model being validated
- Perform ad-hoc Model Risk Management activities as necessary
- Create publications and technical documents for the model being reviewed/validated
- Partner with key stakeholder and develop key relationships with working groups such as model owners, users, and business leaders to ensure an effective coverage for the MRM program.
- Ph.D or Masters in a quantitative degree
- knowledge in one or more of the following programming languages R, Matlab, Python, C++, SaS, and/or SQL.
- Hands-on validation experience of financial crimes, fraud, or fair lending models