Develop high-quality serious games and military simulations for mobile devices, desktop PC, and AR/VR. Implement new capabilities and features in Unreal Engine 4, Unity, and other applications, work with the Project Lead to design and architect major gameplay systems, and work with designers to create modular features and interfaces. Establish, refine, and follow Best Practices and Coding Standards to create well-documented, extensible code that can be easily maintained. Pro-actively communicate with artists and designers, create and maintain project and process specific documentation, meet development schedules, and support the integration and testing of the developed applications. Lead or participate in pre-production planning and design reviews for projects to outline technical challenges and avoid barriers during the development. Help to define technical requirements and development strategies and roadmaps for all projects and drive the execution of them. Work under general supervision with few direct instructions and carry out routine and semi-routine tasks. This position is located in Fayetteville, NC.
- 2+ years of experience in working with AAA game studio production pipelines as an engineer
- Experience with contributing to the development of one or more shipped game titles
- Experience with complex C++ coding and design of systems and features for Unreal Engine and Unity
- Experience with Version Control Software, including Git, Perforce, Plastic, and SVN
- Knowledge of engineering pipelines in AAA game development, including Unreal Engine and Unity specific processes
- Ability to create and maintain efficient game development processes
- Ability to show advanced mathematical skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BFA, BA, or BS degree required
- Experience with developing multiplayer games and replicated gameplay features
- Experience with technical leadership as an Engineering Manager or Lead Engineer
- Experience in a technical lead role developing and launching games, applications, or running a large-scale live service
- Experience in working with Unreal Engine, Unity, CryEngine, or other game engines
- Experience with developing for multiple platforms, including OSX, Windows, PS4, and Xbox One
- Experience in working with remote teams
- Ability to be a self-motivated problem solver that works well independently
- Ability to show a passion for making games
- Ability to lead by example with development of systems and features.
- Ability to foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment
Data Privacy For more information on how Booz Allen uses your information, please see our .