Security Operations Analyst
Are you ready to take a strategic role in cyber defense? Are you looking for an opportunity to protect critical infrastructure from the constant onslaught of Cyber attacks? If you want to sharpen your skills by analyzing threats real-time, you want to be a Tier 2 Security Operations Center (SOC) analyst.
As an analyst on our SOC team, youll improve monitoring strategies and analyze threats, using state-of-the-art tools like HBSS, Splunk, Cylance, ESM, NSM, Netflow, IDS, StealthWatch, and ForeScout. Youll work with the team to understand, mitigate, and respond to threats quickly, restoring operations and limiting the impact. Youll manage efforts to figure out just how many systems are affected and assist recovery efforts. Youll combine threat intelligence, event data, and assessments from recent events, and identify patterns to understand attackers goals to stop them from succeeding. This is a great opportunity to build your Cybersecurity skills with hands on experience in threat assessment and incident response. Join us as we protect clients from malicious actors.
Empower change with us.
- 5+ years of experience in the Cybersecurity field
- Knowledge of SIEM platforms, analyzing network and endpoint logs, and conducting incident response
- Ability to convey incident information to leadership.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree or 4 years of experience with Cybersecurity information assurance
- 8570 IAT II+ Certification, including Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP),
- 8570 CSSP Certification, including SANS GIAC GCIA/CHIH, ECCouncil Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with supervising team members
- Experience with using endpoint tools to successfully hunt for adversarial behavior
- Knowledge of using Splunk and creating Splunk content, including Alerts and Dashboards
- Splunk related certification
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our peoplethats Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, well help you develop the career you want.
- Competitions From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, weve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
- Paid Research Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
- Cyber University CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhereincluding your phoneand certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
- Academic Partnerships In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, weve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurityfully funded without a tuition cap.
- Maker/Hackerspaces Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
Data Privacy For more information on how Booz Allen uses your information, please see our .