Application Support Engineer (No on call)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Global application support role, working in the Physical & Network Security organization with responsibility for application engineering for physical access systems.
The Physical Security Application Support Engineer role is a key role within IT and requires interaction with business partners at all levels in Business (Group Business Support Service) and across IT, the products have global reach and are of critical importance to the firm's building access and monitoring controls. Responsibilities include:
- Providing software application support under the supervision of the Senior Engineer.
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Ensuring effective front end and back end functionality of applications.
- Collaborating with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Managing code migration across environments to ensure continued and synchronized functionality.
- Establishing the root causes of application errors, and raising serious concerns to the Senior Engineer.
- Keeping record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- Documenting processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
- Providing front end support to clients and colleagues in other departments.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience as an Application Support Engineer in a related field.
- Outstanding knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python, or Bash is preferred!
- Ability to manage code migration, document configuration changes, and monitor performance.
- Outstanding ability to provide front end support to internal departments and web-based clients.
- Advanced proficiency in determining the root causes of application errors and tracking them to resolution.
- Experience in both Unix and Windows environments
- Experience in Oracle SQL/PLSQL or Microsoft MS SQL, and data analysis
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Ability to keep up with innovation in application design.
- Strong communication skills!
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.