- $80000 - $100000 per annum
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings QRF
- 19 Mar 18
Associate, Securitized Products Valuations/IPV
- Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
- Salary: $80000 - $100000 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
Top global investment bank currently looking to expand their growing IPV/Valuations group in Raleigh, North Carolina. This team operates independently and plays a central role within the organization, working closely with the trading desks, risk teams, product control, technology, and strategy/modeling teams.
The ideal candidate will have strong product knowledge across fixed income and securitized products, and be interested in a front office-facing and market-facing role which requires regular interactions with senior counterparts across internal teams. As the current team is small, the role offers significant visibility and exposure, and will be challenging but rewarding.
- Key member of the Securitized Products IPV (independent price verification) desk, interacting daily with senior counterparts in front office trading and quant teams for position marking validation and controls.
- Primarily responsible for independent pricing and valuation across fixed income and securitized products, including, MBS, RMBS, CMBS, bonds, and loan products.
- Daily production, analysis, and verification of price movements within portfolios on a daily basis with reference to wider market activity, trade events, and sensitivity analysis.
- Participate and ensure timely completion of daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, working with the relevant risk and finance teams.
- Take a lead role in the development of efficiencies via automation, process programming etc.
- Establish and develop strong relationships with external and internal parties, working directly with senior management and providing regular input in decision-making processes.
- Train new team members and participate in or lead initiatives accordingly.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Finance or a related field.
- Advanced degrees in Financial Engineering, Quantitative Finance, Applied Mathematics, Statistics etc. preferred.
- Strong market and technical knowledge of securitized products.
- 1+ years direct experience with risk management, valuations, or trade review/analytics.
- Ability to explain a valuation by analyzing its constituent parts and how it is calculated.
- Must have a full and up-to-date understanding of the lifecycle of derivatives and be able to investigate and explain valuation movements using sensitivity based analysis.
- Excellent communication skills to establish credibility and build strong relationships.
- Strong technical ability - hands-on experience with models, complex spreadsheets, process automation etc.
- Knowledge of programming e.g. VBA, SQL is an advantage.