COLM Business Analyst
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Business Analytics & Metrics group sits within the Client Onboarding & Lifecycle Management (COLM) organization at Credit Suisse. This team is responsible for providing insight through metrics, reporting, and analysis on the data created and owned by the regulatory and client service teams within COLM. The function supports COLM by providing valuable information to provide management teams with transparency on progress & quality of work based on key performance indicators. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating MI for several functions within the COLM group including Reactivations and Suspensions.
- Support the larger Data Analytics team where necessary in data analysis and reporting for other COLM departments such as KYC, Reg DD, and FATCA.
- Manage several large sets of data and provide metrics, data visualization, control reporting, and ad-hoc data analysis as required.
- Coordinate with collaborators such as Audit, FCC, etc. as well as senior COLM management to provide data and reports as necessary.
- Understand how to read and manipulate data for presentation to management, communicate data effectively, and present recommendations.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the source data to deliver accurate information to partners to prevent misrepresentation of the data.
- Maintain strong data governance and proper controls by understanding who should be receiving the information and ensure data is provided on a need-to-know basis only.
- Experience in Excel/Access, SQL/Business Objects, SharePoint, Alteryx and Tableau is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Data Analysis skills
- Outstanding analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Hardworking, result oriented with the ability to learn in a fast paced environment
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.