Compliance Analyst - Personal Account Trading
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- Provide support for the review personal accounts of firm personnel, related trading activity, their outside business activity disclosures for Compliance with related policies
- Coordinate efforts of team members to address daily work volume, as well as projects and related initiatives
- Prepare presentations, provide metrics and information, and participate in calls and meetings with department management
- Work with management to prepare responses to regulatory inquiries and examination requirements
- Assist in the updates of firm policies and procedures related to personal trading and outside activities
- Manage planning, testing, maintenance, and improvements to systems and processes
- Request and review account documentation, including hard copy statements, from firm personnel to evidence compliance with firm policies
- Assist in providing risk and performance measurements related to processes
- Assist with topic-related trainings and communications and other general compliance responsibilities.
As a recent graduate or graduate with professional work experience (0-2 years+) we are seeking individuals who:
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and organizational skills in the context of managing activities and supporting the team
- Outstanding attention to detail and problem solving skills to identify larger patterns and issues
- Have proven written and verbal communications skills; can communicate clearly and uses concise explanations
- Assumes accountability for their tasks and results.
- Engaged team member and has a positive attitude towards team work, but able to work independently
- Hardworking, result oriented with ability to learn in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint is a plus!
- Desirable knowledge / experience includes understanding of compliance issues in financial services businesses and processes
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.