Credit Risk Management - Hedge Funds Analyst - AVP
Credit Suisse's Credit Risk Management (CRM) team in North America partners with key business partners throughout the Bank to meet business demands and an evolving regulatory environment in the US. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
CS is seeking an Analyst or AVP level person to join the Hedge Funds CRM team.
The primary function of this role will be preparing written credit risk reviews for Credit Suisse's hedge fund counterparties.
- Participate in or lead client due diligence calls and performing fundamental counterparty credit risk analysis of hedge fund clients, assigning internal credit ratings and trading limits.
- Counterparty due diligence entails both quantitative and qualitative aspects, including an assessment of investment strategy, risk controls/infrastructure, management qualifications, portfolio breakdown, demonstrate, liquidity, fund performance, etc.
- Prepare and present analyses in written format with appropriate recommendations and justifications and in compliance with internal underwriting standards, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of exposures, limit exceptions, and counterparty developments and recommending appropriate actions as necessary.
- Liaising with legal department and front office with active participation in client negotiations of credit terms in legal documentation (e.g. ISDA/CSA) governing trading activity to ensure identified risks are appropriately addressed.
- Approval/analysis of live transactions in the context of existing exposures/limits and with appropriate risk mitigation.
- Coordinating with various internal departments to ensure that exposures are accurately reflected in risk systems.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience ideally.
- Possess an undergraduate or graduate level degree (preferably Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting).
- Ambitious and naturally inquisitive with excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving/written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial analysis skills, knowledge of hedge funds/strategies and the risks associated with lending to hedge funds, and familiarity with derivative financial instruments and structured products - a plus!
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.