- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 16 Dec 18
Credit Risk Review Infrastructure Lead # 119668
Credit Risk Review Overview:
This position is within the Credit Risk Review ("CRR") function, which provides timely and independent assessments of Credit Suisse's loan and derivatives credit exposures and credit risk management processes and practices. CRR has a direct reporting line to the Group Board of Directors Risk Committee.
The global CRR COO team offers an exciting opportunity to lead a new initiative. A technical and delivery-driven individual will lead the timely and pragmatic delivery of a global infrastructure (IT) build-out on behalf of the CRR "Sponsor" business area. You will serve as the dedicated face-off and representative of the "Sponsor" to "Supplier" functions including Risk Change, Risk & Finance IT, Risk Innovation, and Risk and Finance Data Analytics & Reporting (RFDAR) to deliver CRR's blueprint. The position requires a deep understanding of credit risk and experience delivering Reporting / Infrastructure (IT) change within a large financial services organization.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- You will formulate a cohesive infrastructure / platform strategy to support CRR, which will include syndicating project deliverables and the respective development roadmap to senior management.
- Lead an Infrastructure Working Group and collaborate closely across global functional lines - including CRR subject matter experts (Regional CRR Reviewers and Global CRR Counterparty Reviewers) and technology - to understand business requirements; assign relative levels of priority and complexity; develop consensus on solutions, next steps, and decisions required; and actively manage expectations.
- You will develop clear, written business requirements, which can be implemented into actionable deliverables.
- You will govern the project ensuring delivery is in line with the business requirements & target architecture.
- Regularly communicate with the CRR Global COO and senior stakeholders on status / progress of the build-out.
- You will lead problem solving discussions as ad hoc issues arise concerning the CRR infrastructure.
- Work schedule / travel requirements: You will have close collaboration with global business partners during peak phases of the project may require occasional flex / shift in work hours to early morning or late evening hours.
The role reports to the Global CRR COO, who is based in NY and serves as the Business Manager for the CRR organization across five locations (NY; Raleigh, NC; Zurich; London; and Singapore) and Chief of Staff to the Global Head of CRR. Since this COO team has a broad remit, you have the opportunity to broaden his/her skill set and contribute on other business management and controls initiatives once the Infrastructure delivery is completed.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have 5-10 years of experience delivering Reporting / Infrastructure (IT) change within a large financial services organization industry as a Change Lead, Business Analyst, Program / Platform Manager, or MI Reporting Lead.
- Do you have specific knowledge of credit risk is required via hands on work experience?
- Your advanced Excel skill (including VBA macros) with ability to handle large amounts of data; Intermediate PowerPoint and Access skills. SQL experience is a plus.
- You have polished interpersonal skills; strong meeting facilitation skills; and excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written) are required - as this role involves frequent, direct exposure to senior management.
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of study.