Dev Ops/Site Reliability Engineer # 104966
Credit Suisse is seeking a Dev/Ops Reliability Engineer. The Dev/Ops Site Reliability Engineer will work as an integral part of the Global ES Logging Services team to help create processes, tools, best practices around the use and operation of our production logging platform, i.e., Splunk. The candidate will:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of logging services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Create tools, processes, education curricula, documentation, etc., for Splunk operational staff.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems.
- Will interface with various groups at various disciplines, functions and levels of seniority, so excellent spoken and written communications skills are a must.
- Must demonstrate creativity, resourcefulness and perseverance to work in a highly complex and dynamic environment.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Skillset - 3 years + Linux Dev Ops/Site Reliability Engineering experience.
- Expert in "infrastructure as code" config management and deployment with tools like Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible. This is critical, we need them to know the "right" way to do things, and be an authority in the team, actively moving us towards a more efficient system.
- Expert coder, especially in the areas of process and testing automation e.g. Python/Bash/Ruby.
- Must have worked in agile methodology and toolset (preferably Atlassian suite, Jira, Subversion, Fisheye/Crucible, Jenkins).
- Strong understanding of server, network and security technologies, specifically around systems integration.
- Hands-on experience with elastic infrastructure (cloud, containers/Docker, load balancers).
- Hands-on experience with horizontally scalable applications.
- Desirable: Data processing tools e.g. SQL, Python, Splunk SPL, R.
- Desirable: Big data systems e.g. Splunk, Hadoop, Kafka.
For more information visit Technology Careers .