- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 23 Oct 18
Electronic Communications Compliance Engineer # 119387
The successful candidate will be a key subject matter expert within our electronic communication compliance engineering team that has technology responsibility for the ingestion, retention, supervision, and discovery capabilities across a broad range of data feeds that includes email, instant messaging and related forms of electronic communications. They will have the responsibility to further design, develop and engineer solutions to ensure reliability, availability and performance that meet the high volume and accuracy needs of an international financial institution whilst honoring the complex and diverse legal and regulatory landscape.
Additional duties include:
- You will track and handle Book of Work priorities and delivering to tight deadlines.
- You will lead global relationships with operations teams and external vendors.
- You will provide escalation support for the Banks regulatory compliance platform.
- You will coach, provide feedback and guide others.
This role would be part of End User Services, which is a consolidated organization that includes the engineering, operations, product management and service desk for all end user facing technologies and services (i.e. desktop, mobile, email, instant messaging, collaboration, voice, video, etc.). The End User Services team provides standard infrastructure services for our global workforce with additional responsibilities for executive & trade floor support, provisioning, deployment, capacity, configuration and inventory management.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
List qualifications, skills and experience expected in you:
- You have undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related information technology field.
- You have 4+ years of electronic communications compliance engineering experience with exposure to the financial industry preferred.
- You have in depth expertise with Veritas Enterprise Vault (EV), Discovery Accelerator (DA) and Compliance Accelerator (CA) including experience upgrading and deployments within enterprise environments.
- A functional knowledge of Microsoft Exchange (especially journaling) and Active Directory.
- Management of large and complex enterprise design, implementations, and upgrades.
- You have the ability to handle multiple complex tasks, develop test cases and prove the quality of deliverables.
- Do you have attention to detail, documentation, communication and relationship building skills?
- You have genuine enthusiasm for furthering the electronic communications compliance discipline.
- Integration experience and good working knowledge of underlying technologies supporting the electronic communications compliance space.
Skills in the following areas would be considered advantageous:
- You have understanding of Actiance, Red Owl, VerQu & CA Data Minder suites.
- Storage - EMC Centera & ECS, SAN, NAS & Direct Attached storage solutions.
- Database technologies - Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB.
- Server OS - Windows Server, Linux.
- Email Servers: Exchange 2016 and 2010 + Active Directory dependencies.
- Developer skills - DotNET, JAVA, PowerShell.
- You have experience with web server technologies - IIS, Tomcat, Weblogic, Jetty.
- Open source suites - Elastic, Kibana, Ceph, Storm, Karaf.
- Do you have accredited vendor certifications for electronic communications compliance, ITIL or related disciplines?
- Understanding the jurisdiction variances for records retention, privacy, discovery and disclosure for a regulated financial institution.
For more information visit Technology Careers.