- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 15 Dec 18
Finance IT Project Manager # 119653
- New demand for a hands-on Project Manager needed ASAP to support the Posting Rules Convergence Project for Regulatory Reporting, based in Raleigh. You will also have the opportunity to work on various Finance projects as per evolving needs of the Portfolio.
- Excellent opportunity to add value to this complex book of work by steering teams towards build out based on agreed requirements.
- The Finance Convergence project is a multi-year project and will consist of increasing complexity and iterative quarterly deliverables.
- The primary objective of the project is to source Critical Data Elements for all Americas Cash Products and entities into the strategic financial architecture.
- The project is expected to improve and rationalize existing trade facts and posting rules in order to implement a globally consistent accounting.
- Maintenance of project plans
- Ensure detailed project plans are kept up-to-date.
- Maintain traceability & change control around project plans.
- Maintenance of RAID (Risks, Issues, Assumptions, Dependencies) and Action Logs
- Identification and management of risks and issues.
- Definition of response strategies and mitigation actions.
- Status Reporting
- Coordinate formal Program IT status reporting for all involved business partners.
- Influence and align status reporting activities across multiple groups including IT, Change and Line.
- Financials & Budgets
- Manage budget/forecast/actuals across the work streams using standard portfolio and project management tools.
- Ensure consistent reporting of budgets/actuals/forecasts.
- Maintain traceability & change control around budgets.
- Quality Management
- Adherence of firm wide solution delivery policies and quality guidelines within standard solution delivery framework.
- Audit Readiness: Front-run readiness in anticipation of IT audits.
- Coordination of cross functional team meetings.
- Coordination of testing for timely defect resolution.
- Directing project team to ensure achievement deliveries/deliverable timelines are met.
- Informing program management of key issues.
- Project staffing.
- Exemplary teamwork & leadership skills.
- Coordinate with IT Teams to schedule and complete assigned tasks.
- Partner with business and Operations partners to be engaged from project inception.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Key Qualifications to the Position:
- You have Project Management experience within Information Technology department.
- Financial industry background and proficiency.
- You have superior written and verbal communication skills.
- You have solid leadership and analytical skills.
- You have the ability to work independently and within a team.
- You have experience with large global projects spanning many functional areas, systems, and regions.
- You have experience running front-to-back data sourcing projects within Finance.
Preferred Qualifications to the Position:
- You have detailed understanding of project lifecycles.
- You have proven track record of managing large IT projects - budget, scope, quality & risks with globally distributed teams.
- You have a university degree education ideally with focus on computer science or project management.
- You have experience of communicating directly with and influencing senior partners.
- Are you able to operate in politically challenging situations?
- You are proficient with MS Office; excellent MS Project skills required.
- Do you have high degree of flexibility and "can do" attitude?
- You have knowledge of Agile Methodolgies preferred, Project Management certification is a plus(PMI, PRINCE, etc).
For more information visit Technology Careers .