- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 25 Apr 18
Financial Analyst - Global Macro Product Controller # 110862
The Product Controllers are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities.
We fulfill this role through:
- You will ensuring complete, accurate and timely Profit & Loss Statement, Balance Sheets and analysis.
- You will be independently validating the value of our trading portfolios.
- You will work with the businesses and business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner.
- Provisioning of reliable and significant financial information to the business managers as well as external and internal business partners.
You would be responsible for the analysis and advisory aspects of Product Control's primary role which is the financial guardianship of the Bank's sales and trading activities, advising and independently meaningful key partners on accounting and valuation matters impacting the financial statements, including daily P&L and balance sheet movements. You would be responsible for providing input into the development & improvement of strategic systems and continuous improvement at a local level in terms of process and EUCs.
What You'd Do:
This role supports the Rates Products division. Products traded include fixed Income Instruments: Bonds, Interest Rate Swaps, Swaptions, and Listed IR products. The Product Controller will work closely with the trading desk, trade support, technology, financial control and other infrastructure areas to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the trading desks' results including daily P&L reporting, management commentaries, and exception processing.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Product Controllers are highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to build relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, you should have the following skills and experience:
- You possess PC skills including Excel (essential), Peoplesoft Financials, and Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data.
- Ideally, you have graduated with a math based or accounting major.
- You are a self-starter, who also works well within a team and is able to be dynamic and implement process changes.
- You should possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Having exposure to the financial service, banking or accounting industry is a plus.
- Derivatives experience is a plus.