Financial Analyst - Securitized Products # 102377
Securitized Products Product Control performs a number of key responsibilities through daily and monthly reporting. We fulfill this role through:
- Ensuring the complete, accurate and timely reporting and analysis of Revenue and Balance Sheet.
- Working with the businesses to evaluate & integrate new products and strategies in a controlled manner, ensuring appropriate reporting, accounting and disclosures
- Providing reliable and meaningful financial information to the business managers, external stakeholders, including regulators, and other relevant internal groups.
Responsibilities will include the monitoring and analysis of the Desk's Derivative and Fixed Income Securities trading and hedging activities. The accurate and complete production of sub processes linked to the team's Regulatory Filings and Complex Disclosures which have a Material impact to the Bank's Financial Statements. These could typically include Disclosures for FAS 166, FAS 167, Fair Value Measurement, Fair Value Option and Level 3 Roll Forward Templates. Reporting for Reps and Warranties, various Regulatory Filings, as well as evaluating Trading / Banking Book Eligibility across the business.
Performance of the Role requires a full understanding of the Securitization Business, monitoring of the business strategy and being able to articulate and report on significant events and drivers influencing revenue and balance sheet. The role will offer exposure to senior members of the Firm and to a growing business which contributes significantly to the Bank's overall profitability.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Conducting various analyses across the business with respect to Turnover, Inventory Aging, Pricing, Providing opinion on accounting and revenue reporting for new deals, and reviewing securitization activity.
- Representing the Team on projects and system enhancements.
- Ensuring the compliance with SOX controls and Accounting Standards, eg Failed Sales.
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, Regulatory and Accounting Policy)
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Product Controllers must be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They must also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to develop relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, ideal candidates should have the following skills and experience:
- 3 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP Accounting disclosures
- Exposure to mortgage related products such as ABS, RMBS, CMBS
- Strong PC skills including Excel, PeopleSoft Financials, and Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data
- Team player, proactive, self-starter, who can be dynamic and implement process changes
- Highly attentive to the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.