- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 21 Apr 18
Financial Analyst - Securitized Products # 108829
What We Do:
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. We fulfill this role through: Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis. The independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios. Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner. The provision of reliable and meaningful financial information to the business managers, external stakeholders and other relevant internal constituents.
Individuals within the Line Production Product Control (PC) job family are responsible for executing the Daily, Monthly and Quarterly Production aspects of Product Control's primary role which is the financial guardianship of the Bank's sales and trading activities. They are responsible for ensuring complete, accurate and timely P+L and Balance Sheets.
Line Production PC are also responsible for any aspects of inventory valuation and control not covered by dedicated Line Valuation Product Controllers and also for providing input into the development and improvement of strategic systems and implementation and continuous improvement at a local level in terms of process and EUCs.
This Product Controller role is supporting the Mortgage Structured Product trading desks in Fixed Income. The desk originates, purchases, securitizes and sells Commercial, Residential and Asset Backed loans. Additionally, Credit Suisse makes markets in US Agency Pass-throughs (FNMA, FHMLC), Residential and Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (RMBS & CMBS), Asset Backed Securities (ABS) as well as Collateralized Debt and Mortgage Obligations (CDOs & CMOs). Hedging products include: US Government Debt, Listed Interest Rate Futures, OTC Credit, and Interest Rate Derivatives.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Consolidation of daily/weekly/monthly reports which include P&L analysis, trade vs. mark variance analysis, provision summaries, and stale mark analysis
- Management reporting of various metrics including FOBO break trends, DART system usage, and P&L completion times
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, and Regulatory)
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
What you offer:
Product Controllers should be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They should also possess highly developed analytical, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to develop relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, you should have the following skills & experience:
- 2 - 4 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience
- PC skills including Excel, PeopleSoft Financials, and Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data
- Team player, proactive, self-starter, who can be dynamic and implement process changes.