Financial Analyst in Valuation Risk & Reporting # 101595
VRG Reporting plays an integral role in the Independent Price Verification ("IPV") process, reporting and compliance of the Firm's valuation policies. Valuations Risk Group (VRG), a centralized analytical group within Product Control, addresses valuation issues across the Firm. VRG is responsible for reviewing Firm's trading inventories and associated valuation models, performing alternative valuation procedures for illiquid inventories. VRG is also responsible for the Firm's valuation governance policies and valuation reporting.
Credit Suisse's Valuation Risk Group ("VRG") is searching for a candidate to fulfill an ENO role with the VRG Reporting Group. VRG Reporting plays an integral role in the Independent Price Verification ("IPV") process, reporting and compliance of the Firm's valuation policies. The candidate would have a number of roles and responsibilities in maintaining key valuation methodology documentation and preparing reports and metrics surrounding this data which is presented to management on a monthly basis and quarterly basis.
The role involves:
- Prepare and/or review of portions of the monthly Consolidated Inventory Valuation Report ("IVR") presentation;
- Production and/or review of monthly IPV documentation maintenance presentation that is presented to management;
- Ongoing maintenance of IPV documentation including coordinating with all PC Line areas across the Global Investment Bank to ensure compliance with established policies and guidelines;
- Review of the monthly Valuation Adjustment documentation process including resolution of open items related to the process;
- Review of the daily maintenance of governance metrics and documents, including monthly signoff, meeting metrics and quorum.
- Resolve outstanding meeting metrics working with various members of product control.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Product Controllers must be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They must also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to develop relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, ideal candidates should have the following skills and experience
- 2-3 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience
- Strong PC skills including Excel, Access, Peoplesoft Financials, and Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data Team player, proactive, self-starter, who can be dynamic and implement process change