- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 17 Jun 18
Global Markets Americas Controls Business Analyst # 113988
Global Markets Controls is looking for an AVP candidate to support Global Markets teams including Front Office, and Operations, to ensure that appropriate levels of supervisory oversight are maintained across GM. The Controls team are responsible for managing Operational Risk through both analysis, control testing, reporting and governance forums. The team is tasked with resolving complex issues which prevent or slow business. This is done by leveraging Six Sigma process improvement techniques, reviewing current processes, validating effectiveness and adjusting where needed to have adequate controls. Strong control focus is required in the regulatory space, particularly with the client programs and applicable regulations i.e. US PATRIOT ACT, MiFID II, FATCA, Dodd Frank etc. The successful candidate is an independent thinker with strong analytical skills, who will collaborate within a team to achieve the broader goals and objectives.
- You will perform deep dive and tyre kick sessions to review current processes and procedures. Adjust the control environment to reduce service level complexity and improve client experience.
- You will evaluate the design and performance of existing controls, identifying potential risks through control gaps.
- You will perform control testing and front-to-back quality assurance reviews to measure control effectiveness in managing operational risk. Partner with process owners to implement all remediation actions.
- You will participate in existing and/or develop new governance forums to bring relevant business partners together, enable transparent and accountable reporting, and allow for proper escalation channels.
- You will analyze client data and work with Data Analyst to establish proper performance metrics and SLAs. Define KPIs and KRIs that span multiple teams and help mitigate operational risks.
- You will define new control reports where necessary to help maintain control over regulatory requirements, and compliance with current firm policies and processes.
- Actively monitor controls and open action points (Compliance, Internal Audit, Regulatory Reporting, RCSA, Incidents). Ensure all existing issues are addressed within appropriate timeframes.
- You will provide full assistance to internal clients as required, including formal and informal training.
- You will track, prioritize, and communicate tasks/initiatives with management and staff, and communicate any new obligations to other departments as required.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have 7 years of experience in Financial Services, with 2+ years in Risk organization (Audit, Compliance, SOX, Operational Risk).
- You have knowledge of the operation and/or control environment at Credit Suisse preferred.
- You have subject-matter expertise of Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), AEI (Automatic Exchange of Information) and other regulatory experience preferred but not a requirement.
- Lean Six Sigma certification and/or process improvement knowledge preferred.
- More-advanced Excel (e.g: pivot tables, VLOOKUP), PowerPoint, Visio, Word, and SharePoint skills are a must.
- Proficient in financial/strategic analysis. Ability to conduct complex analysis under tight timelines.
- Highly motivated and willing to work in both team and independent situations depending on current workload. Has the flexibility to take things on not wholly within the written scope of the function, and can handle multiple issues simultaneously.
- Do you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Comfortable dealing directly with senior internal clients and global stakeholders?
- Clearly communicates status to manager and is transparent in escalating risks/issues.
- Are you highly organized and has strong attention to detail?