IBCM-Risk & Controls Group-ENO-Raleigh
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Risk & Controls Group (RCG) within our Investment Banking and Capital Markets (IBCM) division helps to ensure the IBCM business is aligned with rules and regulations, and with Credit Suisse (CS) policies and procedures. RCG does this by assessing risks, implementing and monitoring controls, analyzing, implementing and remediating new rules and regulations as well as audit points. The RCG role is accountable for proactively managing key control functions as well as facilitating the understanding and implementation of regulatory policies and procedures in IBCM. Specific risk and control responsibilities include: maintaining the control framework, designing and implementing new controls as necessary, test checking the efficacy of controls, monitoring bankers and their activities to detect control breaches, writing policies and procedures, client on boarding (KYC) and training bankers to be stays in sync with the rules and regulations.
The core responsibilities of RCG serve as the platform from which RCG will look to grow globally and become a central point in ensuring appropriate compliance, industry regulations, and internal guidelines and procedures are set in place for the IBCM business. Data accuracy, liaising with various groups and regulatory maintenance are just a small number of key roles assumed by the group. The importance of these centralized roles is demonstrated daily with the group's ability to prioritize workflows and to acclimate to the changing regulations and laws. The group also excels in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment engaged with Global / Regional / Functional Heads supporting the development and delivery of high benefit client management information systems (MIS).
Successful individuals will be able to utilize a combination of business, product, regulatory and technical expertise to partner with IBCM management and investment bankers to ensure a meaningful and working risk and control environment. Individuals need to be able to manage projects and responsibilities across functional teams, ensuring that risk and processes are well controlled. Professional communication at various levels in the organization, relationship management, and analytics skills are keys to success. The professional objective is to develop general management and business administration skills and responsibilities.
- Develop and generate management information reports to keep management informed of critical metrics, KRIs and other risk and control data points
- Retain and record legal documentation related to IBCM transactions
- Support and chip in to Risk & Controls management initiatives
- MI Reporting to key management across IBCM including working with management in other regions
- Communicating thoughtful ideas around different ways to report risk metrics
- Improving software such as Alteryx and Tableau to identify current processes that can be more efficiently performed
- Maintain risk and controls procedure manual and provide updates accordingly
- Perform controls testing on IBCM Key Control
- Coordinate the Global Risk & Controls Framework, RCSA, BRCM, and related activities and governance
- Support IBCM on audit and audit remediation requests from internal audit and external regulators
- Manage ongoing business compliance and regulatory requirements
- Lead the development and implementation of policies and procedures crafted to adapt the business to changes in regulation
- Lead business control projects by coordinating with senior leadership across the firm, including business change projects, data management, operational risk management, reporting improvements
- Support various litigation and legal inquiries that relate to compliance and reputational risk
- Supervise financial registrations, personal trading accounts, block leave, and mandatory e-learnings
- Monitor Cross Border activities for bankers conducting business in different countries in addition to preparing ad hoc cross border travel reports
- Collaborate with bankers and compliance staff ensuring the completion of client onboarding and KYC processes for all IBCM transactions
- Identify potential risks that particular clients may pose by working with bankers and compliance to mitigate these risks
- Monitor client onboarding policy changes and communicating such updates to relevant bankers
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Undergraduate degree, business, accounting or related field preferred!
- Equivalent experience of 2 to 3 years (preferred) experience with compliance reporting, risk/control initiatives, experience with virtual teams
- Self-starter and strong teammate
- Do you have the ability to complete reporting/projects under defined time frame?
- Solid analytical and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills, ability to understand business strategy/constraints and partner with other areas of the firm to integrate business views with those of other areas of the Investment Bank
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Ability to build and run reports for management with an ability to summarize and articulate data
- Love for financial markets and Investment Banking industry
- Flexibility to adapt to new business needs from internal policy and regulatory changes
- experience in project management
- superior time management, ability to prioritize responsibilities and remain organized in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge of Investment Banking, and/or Wealth Management industries preferred!
- Knowledge of financial regulations in particular those relevant to Investment Banking
- Six-Sigma / Lean Process Excellence approach to perform root cause / response analysis is a plus
- Knowledge of Alteryx, Tableau and Blue Prism preferred
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.