IT Business Manager
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Chief of Staff (CoS) to the Group Chief Information Officer ( CIO) is a significant role in enabling the Chief Information Officer to own the Information Technology (IT) organization, and in integrating the activities of the senior leaders in the divisional and functional IT groups and our business partners to support the Credit Suisse strategy.
Applicants are encouraged to be experienced managers to reflect the profile and impact of this role.
- Challenging role as an integral part of the Group CIO CoS Office
- Opportunity to gain broad hands-on insight and experience into how a large IT organization is managed
- Exposure to Senior Management inside and outside IT, opportunity to build a strong professional network
- Act as a liaison between the CIO, employees and internal & external business partners
- Coordination of activities, crafting agendas, driving content creation and summarizing results for key meetings and events
- Performing analysis and consolidation of information to support decision taking
- Supporting organizational processes and planning, contribution to target setting and strategy related work
- Responsibilities to plan, write and coordinate internal and external communication
- Contribution to additional ad-hoc tasks and further responsibilities as directed by the CIO
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, computer science or economics
- Broad understanding of IT Management and good knowledge of IT organizations is a plus!
- Discretion, good judgment, and incorporation of the highest professional ethics and integrity
- Highly collaborative personality, with excellent analytical as well as steering and coordination skills
- Strong communication (Written and verbal) and presentation skills is essential!
- Creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas to answer work-related problems
- Proactive, problem solver with positive approach, who can anticipate a need before it occurs
- Hands-on mentality, results orientation and quality focus
- Ability to motivate, encourage and mentor staff on junior as well as senior levels
- Experience in business partner management and ability to optimally work with the bank’s Senior (IT) Management and the Executive Board is an asset
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.